turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Didn't get stimulus and claimed that on turbotax. Don't see it in refund review.

I didn't receive either stimulus check although I qualified for them. On turbotax I said I didn't get the stimulus checks and it said it'll get me the $1600. At the summary of my tax return, I did not
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Didn't get stimulus and claimed that on turbotax. Don't see it in refund review.

Look at your tax return Form 1040.   And see if there is an amount on Line 30 - that is the amount of the recovery rebate (missing stimulus payments) that were added to your refund amount.  It will only be on your federal return, not your state return(s).  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

If you did not receive a first-round and/or second-round stimulus payment, your 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit is based on 2020 income. Did your situation in 2020 make you ineligible for the Recovery Rebate Credit? If you received notification of a $1,600 credit after your initial input of 0 and then entered additional income in the rest of your return, your credit will be either decreased or eliminated when you preview your return. 

Per the IRS, your Recovery Rebate Credit amount will be phased out if your adjusted gross income for 2020 exceeds $150,000 if you are married filing a joint return or filing as a qualifying widow or widower, $112,500 if you are using the head of household filing status, or $75,000 if you are using any other filing status.

@LenaH  None of those situations applied to me in 2020 as I made under that for both stimulus checks and am not claimed by anyone/claiming for anyone. TurboTax said that I was eligible for those two stimulus payments today when I claimed that I did not receive them. It said that I would be getting that payment but when I didn't see it on my federal and state tax return I was just curious that maybe the stimulus wasn't included in the refund summary.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Look at your tax return Form 1040.   And see if there is an amount on Line 30 - that is the amount of the recovery rebate (missing stimulus payments) that were added to your refund amount.  It will only be on your federal return, not your state return(s).  

@dawn I see it! Thank you so much for your help. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies