turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Copy of 2018 tax return

@ddudleston Is it possible that you used desktop TurboTax instead of online software?  If so the return is only on your own hard drive, not stored online.

Contact customer support for help:

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday Pacific time.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Copy of 2018 tax return

@ddudleston I'm linking you to a FAQ that explains possible reasons that you can't locate your return in TurboTax Online.  @xmasbaby0 has covered a couple; maybe some of the other possibilities will help you out.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accessing/help/why-can-t-i-find-my-return-in-tax-home-or-my-docs/0...

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
ron15
Returning Member

Copy of 2018 tax return

I need a copy of my 2018 tax return 

Copy of 2018 tax return

@ron15 How to access a copy of the 2018 tax return was posted at the top of this thread before you entered your message.  Did you read the answer?

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

ron15
Returning Member

Copy of 2018 tax return

I need a copy of my 2018 tax return 

ron15
Returning Member

Copy of 2018 tax return

Having trouble getting a copy of my 2018 tax return 

Copy of 2018 tax return

Copy of 2018 tax return

I would like a copy of my 2018 tax return.

Copy of 2018 tax return

how do I get a copy of my 2018 tax return?

Copy of 2018 tax return

@jeb41e 

How to access a copy of the 2018 tax return was posted at the top of this thread before you entered your message.  Did you read the answer?

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2018 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

ddudleston
Returning Member

Copy of 2018 tax return

Hi Kat, 

I read all of the responses carefully and followed the directions but there is no 2018 income tax return on the website or on my laptop.  I've been in IT for 30+ years so I am not illiterate and I diligently tried everything your super users have suggested.  The simple fact is my 2018 return is "lost".   Please note that I did contact the IRS and they have provided me with a copy.   I am debating which software produce I'll be using next year to file my 2019 return.   Thank you for you kind response.  

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Copy of 2018 tax return

@ddudleston Please don't hear me suggesting, in any way, that you don't know what you're doing.  This is such a strange situation!  

I'd like to report this thread and your situation to TurboTax Moderators for their investigation.  My hope is that one of them will reach out to you via email to help resolve the situation.  I can assure you that TurboTax would not wish to lose you as a customer. 

Though I'm not an employee of TurboTax (SuperUsers are volunteers), I do apologize for all the grief you've endured.  What a pain!

Please check your TT account to make sure you email address is current.   Thank you for your patience through this entire ordeal.  

*Please click the thumbs-up icon if this response was helpful.
**Please click "Mark As Best Answer" if your question has been resolved. Thank you.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

Copy of 2018 tax return

I need a copy of my 2018 tax return>

Copy of 2018 tax return

@chambersjean60

You chose this thread to post your question to.  Did you read any of the thread?  The very first answer in this thread answers your question.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Copy of 2018 tax return

Did you read the answers already posted in this thread?

Try printing from the Print Center
Log back in your TurboTax account and "add a state" to open the return back up (you are not really adding a state, just to open it back up), then
Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. 
Then click on Print Center. 
Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

How to save the PDF
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/saving/help/how-do-i-save-my-turbotax-online-return-as-a-pdf/00/26...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies