turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

pade21

Can you tell me where my 2018 AGI is on my 2019 return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

A 2019 tax return will not have the 2018 AGI entered on the return.  The 2018 AGI is only needed to e-file a 2019 tax return.

Are you trying to file a 2019 tax return?  If so, you cannot use the TurboTax online editions as those editions are only for tax year 2020.

To complete and file a 2019 tax return using TurboTax you would need to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2019 desktop editions from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

A 2019 tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Your 2018 AGI is nowhere on your 2019 return.   Your 2018 AGI was only required to identify you when *e-filing* a 2019 return which can no longer be e-filed at all so the 2018 AGI is not needed for anything now.   2019 can only be paper filed and mailed.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Why?   What are you trying to do?  Your 2018 AGI is not on your 2019 tax return.    Your 2018 AGI is on your 2018 tax return.   You needed to enter your 2018 AGI in order to e-file a 2019 return----but it was not "entered" on the actual Form 1040.  Entering that AGI just confirmed your identity to the IRS to allow you to e-file.   it is now too late to e-file a 2019 return, so if you are trying to find it to e-file, you do not need it.  A 2019 return can only be filed by mail now.   it must be printed, signed in ink, and mailed to the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies