Can you explain why in a Desktop software online filing, $65 was deducted from a refund because "you chose to have your TT fees deducted from your refund."

Employee TurboTax Specialist

The Refund Processing Service is an option for paying your TurboTax fee by deducting it from your federal tax refund. It's a convenient way to pay for TurboTax if you don't have (or don't want to use) your credit or debit card. For more information please click the link below.

What is Refund Processing Service? - Community

I appreciate your reply. 

I still don't understand why any additional fee is charged if one purchases the filing software.  The return was my low income childs; $65 is a rather steep fee for any lower income wage earner, especially one using purchased software.  

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below on how to review your fees, if you have not filed yet. If you have already filed, wait until your return has been "Accepted" by the IRS before going back into your return. If you need to go back in after filing, you will need to click "Add a State" to get you back in.

How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

If you need further assistance and would like to contact customer service, start by clicking on Contact Us Answering the questions will help to ensure that your call is properly routed.