turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

NM

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

NM

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. It seemed easy, but it hangs up with errors and won't file because it demands a signature and debit date of no later than Dec 31, 2020

E-filing of 2019 tax returns, including federal amended returns, using TurboTax closed at the end of October 2020.  At this point in time the only way to file an amended 2019 federal tax return is to print and mail the return.  You will have to choose the mail option in the File section of the program.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

NM

Please see the TurboTax FAQ for help Amending your 2019 tax return:

How do I amend my 2019 return in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

If the information in the above link does not solve the issue, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Service:

Use the web form and type your question or a keyword. You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.)    What is the TurboTax phone number?

Anonymous
Not applicable

NM

Thanks for the reply. It seemed easy, but it hangs up with errors and won't file because it demands a signature and debit date of no later than Dec 31, 2020

NM

@Anonymous wrote:

E-filing of 2019 tax returns, including federal amended returns, using TurboTax closed at the end of October 2020.  At this point in time the only way to file an amended 2019 federal tax return is to print and mail the return.  You will have to choose the mail option in the File section of the program.

Anonymous
Not applicable

NM

Thank you, if that is current correct information, that would explain it.  I was on the phone to support, they indicated it was possible and they were trying to walk me through it but I got disconnected.

Do you have a source for this or any information if they are planning on reopening filing 2019 amended returns since new 1099Rs, etc are being mailed now?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

NM

For more information on 2019 amended returns, please see the link provided below:

Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return, Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies