turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i refile a tax return with turbo tax if i havent recieve my cheque yet? I filed last feb 7th and up untill now i havent gotten my paper cheque,im from philippines

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Can i refile a tax return with turbo tax if i havent recieve my cheque yet? I filed last feb 7th and up untill now i havent gotten my paper cheque,im from philippines

No, do not refile your tax return if you have not received your check. 

There are significant delays in processing returns at this time, but refiling your tax return if it has already been processed will not speed up processing. 

You can check on the status of your refund here: Where's My Refund?   If your check has been mailed, and it has been more than 6 weeks since it was sent you can begin the process of a refund trace by calling 800-829-1954.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Lilj68

There is a mistake on my grandsons last name. I havent mailed out my taxes yet. How can i fix it? Before mailing it out.

MinhT1
Employee Tax Expert

@Lilj68

You can edit your grandson's last name by visiting the My Info section of TurboTax and clicking Edit next to his name.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If you haven't mailed it yet. Click on Add a State to let you back into your return.  Why are you mailing it?  Did you try to efile?   We can help you switch to efiling.

Lilj68

I did efile but it says it wants my earned income from 2018. I had it amended so its all zero and it wont take it. 

@Lilj68 wrote:

I did efile but it says it wants my earned income from 2018. I had it amended so its all zero and it wont take it. 

You enter the 2018 AGI from the original 2018 federal tax return that was filed, not the 2018 AGI from the amended tax return.

The 2018 AGI is on the 2018 Federal tax return you filed Form 1040 Line 7

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If your tax return continues to be rejected with the 2018 AGI then enter a 0 (zero) for the AGI and e-file again.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies