Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I edit my tax return and choose an option that asks if i didn’t receive any of the stimulus? I never got any and did my taxes and would like to know if it’s possible.

I don’t believe anyone claims me and i did my 2019 and 2020 taxes. Never recieved any stimulus though.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Can I edit my tax return and choose an option that asks if i didn’t receive any of the stimulus? I never got any and did my taxes and would like to know if it’s possible.

Yes, if no one can claim you as their dependent, you may be eligible for the stimulus payments. 

TO GET TO THE STIMULUS SECTION OF TURBOTAX:

Go into your account and click "Tax Home"

On that screen click "Other Tax Situations"

When the drop-down opens, click "Let's Get Started" or "Review/Edit" to move forward 

There may be a delay when opening to this next screen

Scroll to the bottom of this screen and click "Let's keep going" 

The next screen should read "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount" (If not, click continue to move forward until you do get to that screen)

Scroll down and click "Continue"

The next screens will ask if you received the stimulus, which ones and how much. 

The software will calculate a credit if applicable. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@KrisD15 Hi, it’s been a while since i amended my taxes and they were accepted. (I did it around the time of your reply) I got to the stimulus part and said i have not received it and 0 for the amount. It’s been a while since then and i still haven’t received anything. I’m confused as to what will happen next. 

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Amended returns usually can take 16 weeks to be processed but it might be longer now since the IRS is seriously backlogged. Please see Where's My Amended Return? to check the status of your amended return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I amended my return in march and for a long time it said it was being processed but not it’s saying there’s an issue. What should i do about this? Will i still get my return?

FDC55DEB-290E-481D-9AD7-9B697215102E.png

@978f4aa0e6db The message from the IRS asks you to call the phone number and the extension.  Have you called?

If you are due a refund from the amended tax return and the IRS approves the refund they will mail you a refund check to the address on the amended tax return.

yes i have called, but it is almost possible to get a hold of them on the phone.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies