turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

woods2022

Can I amend my past years taxes (that I did with TurboTax) through another tax website (ex: H

I want to amend my 2020 and 2019 taxes because I was missed out on EIC (Earned Tax Income) when I didn't think I qualify. But I found out that I actually do qualify since I'm not a student, and that the law was changed from minimum age of 25 to 19 to qualify for EIC. So I missed out on 1,100 in both 2019 and 2020.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Can I amend my past years taxes (that I did with TurboTax) through another tax website (ex: H

Did you originally file a 2020 & 2019 tax return?  If you did not you should simply file an original return. There would be no need to do an amendment.

If you did file those years with TurboTax you can choose to use another software; however, you must match the original return exactly. Then go to the amendment and make your changes. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
woods2022

I did file both 2019 and 2020 originally. I found out that I did not qualify for the EIC in 2019 because they did not change the law (from age 25 to 19) until 2020. I would still like to amend my 2020 return, how would I transfer the amendment file to another server (like H&R Block) if it was done through Turbo Tax?

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

I think H&R Block can upload from a pdf file.  You can create a pdf file in TurboTax to upload.

However, you can amend for free using TurboTax, if you prepared the return using TurboTax.  TurboTax will accommodate our clients requests.

After you've filed, it's a good idea to save your return as a PDF (Portable Document Format), which can be viewed or printed using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader software.

This lets you view and print your tax return if your tax data file (.tax file) gets corrupted or if you no longer have the TurboTax software installed on your system.

Instructions

1. Open your return in TurboTax
  2. In the menu, near the top, select Print Center (or, you can choose Save to PDF from the File menu)
  3. Select the forms you'd like to generate, then select Save As PDF
  4. In the Save As window, change the default location if desired, and then select Save

If you make changes to your original return, repeat these steps to ensure your .tax file and PDF copy are synchronized.

To print from the PDF file, open the PDF and select the printer icon. If you don't see this, try the tips in Adobe's Print PDFs support document.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies