turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

najeew22

billing notice

Why am i receiving a billing notice that will be taken out of my account on 5/29??? i assigned for the amount to come out of my taxes. I didn’t receive a tax refund this year due to the IRS so the money should have be taken that way . My account should NOT be charged! i have a new born baby coming in less than 4 days and i am out of work!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

billing notice

READ the email for alternatives ...

What happens if the IRS reduces my refund to the point where it no longer covers my TurboTax fees?

If you get hit with a refund offset, what's left over might not be enough to cover your fees. Here's what happens next:

1. We'll send an email with instructions on how to pay your TurboTax fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) by a certain date.
  2. If the fees remain unpaid by the specified date, we'll send two more followup emails asking that you either pay or request a deferment to prevent the fees from being automatically debited from your bank account.
  3. Finally, if you still haven't paid by the requested date, we’ll send a final email letting you know that we're debiting the fees (minus the Refund Processing fee, if any) and that the auto-debit process cannot be stopped.

The same sequence of events occurs if the IRS is still holding your refund 36 days after your original estimated refund date, except that we'll also debit the Refund Processing fee (if any) in Step 3.

How do you justify debiting my account?

The provision is spelled out in the Refund Processing Agreement, which you agreed to when you opted to pay with your refund.

In addition, by clicking the "I Agree" button below, you electronically sign and authorize Intuit (through its third party processor) to debit the TurboTax Fees, Additional Products and Services Purchased and any applicable sales tax from your bank account number identified in the Agreement below, in the event that you do not receive a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.

Related Information:

billing notice

Sorry for the situation you are in. The fees for TurboTax cannot be taken out of your refund until the IRS sends it to you. If they don't send it to you because it is offset, then TurboTax can't get its fees paid. You agreed when you chose the service to pay your fees from your refund that you would pay them directly if they could not be paid from your refund or if the refund was delayed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies