Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

twheat12

Asking for a 1099R now

It’s been since January and I still haven’t received a 200 refund.  Ridiculous!  Now after 16 weeks they sent me a letter asking for verification letter on my health insurance. How do I obtain this document and why didn’t turbo tax cover all this when I filed with them. I paid them and I’m still stuck filing paperwork 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Asking for a 1099R now

If you had health insurance in 2018 you would have received a Form 1095-A, 1095-B or a 1095-C.

Forms 1095-B and 1095-C are not reported on a tax return.  If you obtained health insurance through one of the state marketplace exchanges or through healthcare.gov you would have received a Form 1095-A.

Form 1095-A is reported on a tax return.  You were asked specifically in the Health Insurance section of the TurboTax program if you had this type of insurance and received a Form 1095-A.  The 2018 tax return cannot be completed and filed without the user of the software completing the Health Insurance section.

What Exactly is the IRS requesting from you?  What is the Notice or Letter number of the IRS request, shown on the first page in the upper right usually preceded by either a CP or LTR?

Why did you mention a Form 1099-R?

IRS Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc. - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1099r.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies