turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Approved Refund Advancement

@JJohnson2 @Yeah I don’t think I’ll use them again after this if it’s this stressful and confusing. One page says up to 48 hours one page says within an hour one page says you’ll get an email of the approved amount or an email of the reason for denial which I got neither of those. I got my temporary card info and link to setup the card within 5 minutes of filing on Sunday. It’s been 26 hours since the IRS accepted my refund and still nothing on my card and I was counting on that to help my family get through financially since it said congratulations you’re approved. Ughhhhhh

I can’t access my money cause i never got the email to set up temporary card

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

One hour after the return is accepted, you should get the temporary card information via email (please check your Inbox/Junk/Spam folder) which then has to be set up with an online account. Forty-eight hours after acceptance, your advance money will be available on the virtual card.  For more information, please click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I checked all folders nothing to set up temporary card but got a email that my advance was deposited so now what do i do

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

You should receive an email with instructions on how to create your online account. If you can’t find it, check your junk mail folder. The sender will be turboprepaidcard@email.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com. If you cannot locate it after checking your junk mail folder, or are having trouble creating an account, or logging into your Turbo Prepaid Card online account, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/01/27511#M230...

I didn’t get a link and tried calling but can’t get through to anyone? If i wanna speak time a live agent it’s saying i have to pay 30

Same EXACT thing here... 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please check your junk/spam folder. The sender will be turboprepaidcard@email.turboprepaidcard.intuit.com

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call us toll-free at 

(888) 285-4169.

So, I think it's been established that there are some of us who:

1. Applied for advance

2. Got approved

3. Were accepted by IRS

4. Have NOT received an email regarding an "online account"

5. Do NOT have it in ANY folders in our email

6. Cannot get through to speak to anyonE

6. Are getting very fristrated

AND frustrated!

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.  Please, also bear in mind that the IRS did not start accepting returns until yesterday 01/27/2020

Here is more information about the Refund Advance process:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

If you received a Refund Advance last year, you’ll need to create a new account to see your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you log in with the account you made last year.

Here is more information: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

Thank you for the info again.

The frustration is coming from the fact that we were told in several other "copy & paste" responses that we would receive an email within ONE HOUR of the IRS accepting our returns. 

Additionally, Santa Barbara TPG has updated to reflect the amount of the advance as "paid".

So it's hard to imagine why some people have received their "temporary card" email and some have not. 

You will get it girl!. I was stressed too lol If it helps with timing..I filed on January 18th (Saturday) got transmitted and approved Yesterday 1/27...but did not get nothing till 11:30 am today 1/28. Best of luck and keep checking that card. I was not alerted of my funds being loaded or anything.

Best wishes

@Countrygirl87 🙏💚

Yes what do we do now?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your tax return has been accepted, you will be notified by email of your approved amount. The refund advance program is run through First Century Bank, a partner site, and they are responsible for determining if you qualify. You may need to check your junk or spam mail folder if the email does not arrive in your inbox.  You should receive your temporary card information by email and you will have to set up your account online. You can expect to receive a couple of emails during this process to get your account set up. Forty-eight hours after your acceptance, your advance money will be available on the virtual card.  A physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. 

For more information, please see the TurboTax FAQ  below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-application-process/00/25557

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies