turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Approved Refund Advancement

I got pre qualified and approved for an advancement from my Federal tax return and it was said that as long as I applied for the Turbo tax refund card I could receive the advancement on the card for online purchases only and with in 1 hour. It’s been over an hour. So will I still receive my advancement or no ? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

64 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

You will be emailed instructions on how to set up your temporary Turbo Card account to start spending online.

Your Turbo Card will arrive in the mail within 5-10 business days. The temporary card information will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and Refund Advance loan approval.

Please review the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7066850

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So if you have to wait for 48 hours to get refund advance after irs accepts it then why does the website say a hour? And why can we only spend online? What if you need to go to the store to get groceries?

Same issue here. 

Why say "within 1hour" if it's going to be 48 of them???

JJohnson2

Same issue got accepted at 1054p last night still nothing...my girlfriend was accepted within a hour as stated. Who do we contact to speak directly to? I

My loan was accepted. When do I get my loan advance?

That is my issue. According to TurboTax website, you get your temp card info online WITHIN AN HOUR of IRS acceptance but it takes up to 48 for the advance to hit. What I don’t get it, I got a random email talking about not being approved but the wording was like there should’ve been an email prior to it. So I called the green dot bank and the lady who BARELY knew English, finally confirmed that yes I got approved for the advance and it would be on my card 1 hour from IRS acceptance. Um it’s been over 12 and still nothing. And I can’t get ahold of turbotax customer service cuz they are so backed up. They were supposed to do a callback to me last night cuz they were backed up an hour....2 hours later no callback. So needless to say I’m irritated especially if your gf got hers but none of us all are getting ours! Like what’s the deal?  Total bs if you ask me with the one hour or 48 hour thing. 

JJohnson2

I agree and I'm confused because she did receive hers with no issues so I dont understand y the rest of us are having issues. It's sad but this alone will lose alot of their customers and I likes filing through turbo but as of now I dont know.

Same here! 🤦 I think we just have to wait untill 1/29 if you got accepted yesterday 😖 Ill update if I ever get it. Good luck everyone 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Okay so when I was filing taxes and applied for advance it said congratulations you were approved for this amount. So move for ward I finish filing our taxes. Get an email telling me to set up my card. I do that, but no funds. Umm how do I know if I was approved because I got no email with amount of approval and when will I get funds if I was infact approved 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Visa Debit Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.

We'll email you instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. This includes physical and online stores.

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email from First Century Bank, N.A. with the reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

For additional information about Refund Advance please click the link below:

https://intuit.me/2U5ROll

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hey guys just got my funds! Check your card.

Just got my funds. Check your card

My funds say available but i never got the link to set up temporary card what do i do now?

@Stephan1e  that’s awesome congrats I’m still stressing out the wazoo it’s been over 24 hours and nothing!! And this is what I was relying on to help me and my family financially since I was told I was approved when I filed Sunday night 😭😭😭

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies