turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wnesbitt4

Anyone get their 2019 CD yet?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies

When can I expect to receive my TurboTax Advantage order?

TurboTax Advantage downloads for tax year 2019 will start releasing on November 5 and the CDs will be shipped between November 14 and 22. Check your order status here.

If you ordered TurboTax on a CD, you can also get the downloadable version after it releases in early November. To access, sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account and select Downloads.

I renewed my order for a 2019 Turbo Tax Deluxe CD on Sept 27 and on Oct 31, I received an e-mail that the order was processed.  On Nov 5 my credit card was charged.  On Nov 13, I received an e-mail that the CD was on its way.  I am STILL waiting for it.  In years past I have been able to go into my TT account and download it even before the CD arrived.  This year on Nov 13 in my account I saw the CD license code, but no download button.  I called a TT rep about it.  I was told that I would have to wait until I received the CD in order for the download button to appear.  I called again on Nov 15 and a TT rep told me that only a CD or only a download was available, depending on what one ordered.  Since I ordered a CD, I was told that I would receive only a CD and not a download, too, and I would have to wait until the CD arrived with the license code to activate the software.  Then on Nov 18 I went to my account and I was no longer able to see the CD license code, only the message that it would accompany the CD.   I called a TT rep again, and was told again that I would have to wait until the CD arrived and once I installed the CD and entered the license code that came with it,  then I would be able to see a download button to download it   Or if the download button was not visible, the TT rep could activate one.  I see here that shipping is from Nov 14 until Nov 22.  Nov 22 has passed, I also see here that I am supposed to get a downloadable version after it releases in early November.   Yet, I still have not received a CD with a license code in the mail.  I still do not see a download button in my account.  Today is Saturday, and of course, TT only answers calls Monday - Friday.  All I can say is that TT is NOT offering the same service it did in years past with a download immediately available before receiving the CD.  I paid $74.19 for this and it has been paid since Nov 5.  I could have ordered TurboTax Deluxe with a CD and download from Staples for $10 less and received both the next day, instead of waiting for TT to get around for another 3 weeks after payment to send me the CD.  [I am guessing3 weeks, because I still don't know when it will arrive.  It should be here by now, and I should have a downloadable version available to me according to the information here, but neither is the case … so I am stuck.]  I need to do a dry run of my taxes in order to see if I have withheld enough and if not, to have some more withheld before the last opportunity on Dec 12 for me to change my withholding.  So much for the advantages of TT Advantage -- there are only disadvantages -- no CD yet, paying 3 weeks in advance for it, dealing with TT reps who can't help, speaking to TT reps who do not give you the same info twice, no service on the weekend, etc.  All I can say is the information here is NOT TRUE.

I did not read your entire post HOWEVER....the way the website is set up is a little deceiving. 

Go into your Advantage account and click the link so that the license code is copied to your clipboard.  

then scroll to the very bottom of the page.....do you see a comment that you can download your software by clicking THAT link??  I can't exactly replicate how it worked since I've already downloaded my software.  

I am still waiting on the CD, but I was able to download the software on November 13th; probably could have done it sooner had I understood how this website was set up.  

as an advantage member the software is always available for download,

Well the info given was what we had available ... this year there is a download code involved which is new.  May I suggest you buy the program anywhere you want for the best price you can get from any reputable seller.  Then when you do get the CD you can request a refund and stop your subscription  :  

This is a direct quote from a TT FAQ:

When can I expect to receive my TurboTax Advantage order?

TurboTax Advantage downloads for tax year 2019 will start releasing on November 5 and the CDs will be shipped between November 14 and 22. Check your order status here.

If you ordered TurboTax on a CD, you can also get the downloadable version after it releases in early November. To access, sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account and select Downloads.

Related Information: How do I cancel my TurboTax Advantage subscription?

Here's an online refund request form.  Submit it within 60 days of having received your product.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

@Critter - and the FAQ is EXACTLY what i experienced - no issues whatsoever (other than the link to download the software with the license code on the clipboard wasn't so easy to find)

To NCPerson --- Did you order the CD?  Or did you order the download?  If you ordered the CD, just how did you find the link to download??

If you are an ADVANTAGE member then you need to log into your advantage account because you get both  ... but if you only bought the CD option on the regular screen then you will only get the CD.  buy cd.PNG

in your advance account , click the 'download' tab and at the very bottom of the screen there are instructions about using the license code and downloading the software. 

in the FAQ for the Advantage account advantages, it states:

Convenience. With TurboTax Advantage, you can download your pre-ordered TurboTax software as soon as it becomes available – even before your CD arrives in the mail

so I expect both the download and the CD.

to NCPerson:  The CD license code was visible on Nov 13.  I didn't copy it down, because I though it would always be there.  But when I went back on Nov 18, the code had disappeared.  I called a TT rep and and told him the few letters that I remembered in the code, but he wouldn't  give it to me.  He said I would have to wait until the CD arrived.  I have now noticed the link at the bottom that you mention, but since I don't have the code now, I can't go any farther.  Another link says that the code is in my order history, but I looked up the order, the code isn't there.

I have no idea why the license code disappeared in my account between Nov 13 and Nov 18.

are you signed up for Advantage?

I just rechecked my account; I downloaded the software a few weeks ago and my code is still available on my advantage account. 

Even if you are NOT an Advantage member, but ordered a CD in the usual process, you will still be able to get a download once you receive your CD.   Starting this year, TurboTax (like many other software companies), will offer everyone using desktop software a download since many computers no longer have a CD/DVD drive.  

For all users, inside the CD box should be a card with download instructions, including a URL address to use.   One will need to enter the license code at that site to begin the download.   The license code is also in the instructions in the CD box.

I presume Advantage users will automatically have a download in their account in the usual fashion as in previous years or instructions on getting it.

to Critter: I don't know where the dialogue box in your message that says "Download TurboTax now" comes from.  I don't see anything like that and I don't recall anything like that when I confirmed my order in September.

In September, I got a notice to check my TT account to be sure that the credit card info had not changed.  I did that.  And it said that my 2019 order was going to be  "TurboTax Deluxe 2019 w/Fed Efile & FREE State Download"   I confirmed this as my choice.

Today, when I look up my order within my TT Advantage account, this is what the order lookup says I ordered:

TURBOTAX ADVANTAGE DELUXE TAX YEAR 2019 CD

@ kamull01 

Critter's image above is for NON-Advantage standard ordering off of the TurboTax website.  TurboTax Advantage members will not see that screen; Advantage members select their products inside their Advantage account.  Only users ordering off of the website will see that image above.

Since your order says Advantage CD, AFAIK as in previous years, you should get a download automatically in your download section in your Advantage account even before the CD arrives.    In addition, when you get the CD, it will also have download instructions for all users.

to NCPerson: Yes, I am signed up for TT Advantage.  I saw the license code on Nov 13, but when I looked at it again on Nov 18, it had disappeared.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies