turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anyone else need help with finding the Form 15111? Got a notice to fill out and return the form to the IRS because I'm eligible for EIC but didn't claim it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

50 Replies
sraple
Returning Member

Anyone else need help with finding the Form 15111? Got a notice to fill out and return the form to the IRS because I'm eligible for EIC but didn't claim it?

I haven’t received this letter yet but i definitely didn’t get the option to use 2019 for my EIC or ctc so I’m assuming I’m going to receive this letter too.  From what I’ve been searching it seems like they are telling people to fill out the EIC form on the irs website yet the form on the irs website is not the updated form. I’m convinced these people are **bleep**ing morons. 

That notice could very well be a scam since there is no such IRS Form 15111.  Call the IRS to verify -

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

I received this letter as well and called the IRS. The woman helping me said she did see that notice was sent to me and that I did not claim the EIC (why turboxtax, why?!). She directed me to the IRS website to download the form, but it wasn't there. After some looking on her part she found that the form isn't available on the website likely due to a glitch in their system. She mailed me the form. I should receive it in 5-10 days. 

ADM1
Level 3

I was told by irs person I didn't need to full out anything I would just receive whatever I was owed in 6-8 weeks.   But can you email me a copy once you receive the form?

[email address removed].    thanks.  

ADM1
Level 3

It's not a scam.   They just haven't processed the form to their website yet for some.reason

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are unable to access your account to set up anything like this here in this public forum. 

This would be something you need to call and speak to a representative about. 

Please click here to contact customer support @ADM1.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need help I got the same thing in the mail

ismailpala52
Returning Member

How can I find form 15111? I have called IRS but They did not answer it. 

kiwado
Returning Member

I have the form and will attach it. It was received at the local IRS office

kiwado
Returning Member

Well, it wont let me. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please clarify what you need assistance with? 

@kiwado

kiwado
Returning Member

Im not thrilled with turbo tax. this year i was told by state that my filing was wrong and then i was contacted by fed irs saying i missed the eic and i was eligible. Id like my 80 dollars refunded. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact Support for further assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

ismailpala52
Returning Member

If you have a copy can you send me please 

[email address removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies