turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Am I accessing TurboTax correctly?

I just installed  and beganTurboTax.  As usual, it accessed my last year's return on my PC.  But right away, in the the Federal Refund box, it said I owed $54.   I did not enter anything yet, and I already owed?
Secondly, when I began filling in the W2 information, it asked me to type in my employer's info from the W2 boxed B C D etc.     Shouldn't TurboTax pull that information from last year's return?
I have barely begun my taxes this year, and I already saw two very unusual things I didn't have in years past.    
Anything wrong?   I'm mostly concerned about an "owed" amount appearing before I entered anything at all.    Thanks for any help!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

In answer to the part about filling in my employer's address, that was my fault sort of.   When TT first began, it asked if I wanted to "Review" last year's W2 or add a new one.   I chose add a new one, because I was about to enter my W2 info, and there was no need to "review" last year's.

But I should have selected "review," which would have pulled info from last year.    

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you try clearing your return and starting over to see if the taxes owed zeroes out? Please see the below help article for instructions. Please comment back if that does not resolve the error.

How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies