Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lcade30
Returning Member

After I doing my taxes and got my refund

After getting my refund I was looking at my refund and realized that it didn’t give me head of household or my Martial credit what can I do about that 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

So you already filed and received your refund? Not sure what you mean by "my Martial credit" I assume that is a typo for marital credit--whatever you think that is. You say you should have been Head of Household. What are you trying to do? The possible filing status choices are Married Filing Separately, Married Filing Jointly, Single, or Head of Household. ONE of those, not a combination of married and HOH. What does it say on your your Form 1040 for your filing status? It is shown at the top of the form near your name.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Lcade30
Returning Member

Yes the married filed together I was HOH but it did select it when I did my taxes and I just noticed it 

You are confused.  You cannot file as married filing joint and Head of Household.  It is one or the other.  Not both.  If you and your spouse lived together for the last six months of the year then the correct status is married filing jointly.  You are not Head of Household.

Do you have the "caveman" idea that you earn more money and are thus the "Head" of the household?  That is not what head of household means on a tax return.  Here is the meaning of Head of Household for a tax return:

Am I Head of Household?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894553-do-i-qualify-for-head-of-household

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2900097-what-is-a-qualifying-person-for-head-of-household

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies