turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

taxesgivemeanxiety
Returning Member

Accidentally filed as Self Employed/Sole Prop instead of Single Member LLC - already filed

I've been using TurboTax for 6 years with my single member LLC with no issues. Last year for some reason my taxes were filed as Sole Prop/Self Employed instead of Single Member LLC and I am missing forms like Form 568 that I need to file with FTB California. 

I already filed, what can I do? I'm terribly anxious about this as paperwork makes me anxious. Does TurboTax offer services where I can hire them to help me?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Accidentally filed as Self Employed/Sole Prop instead of Single Member LLC - already filed

Unless your single member LLC elected to be an S corp you file it on schedule C like self employment.  

TT/Calif has the 568 in it. If it is associated with a Schedule C then you need to check the box on the Calif Schedule C for "Single member LLC". A 568 will then be generated, pulling as much information from that Schedule C as is available.

If your LLC is associated with rental property(ies) then there is a link field on the Calif Sch E Wks that behaves similarly to the one for the Sch C above.

Don't know if you have to amend or if you can send in the 568 separately now.   Here's some 568 info

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/accounting/help/how-do-i-know-if-i-should-file-california-form-568... 

This long post has some info on it.  There are 2021 posts near the end

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/filed-taxes-but-realized-forgot-form-568... 

taxesgivemeanxiety
Returning Member

Thank you for your response! 

My SMLLC is not an s-corp it's just a regular SMLCC that I've been using for freelance gigs over the years. Every year when I file on Turbotax I get a SMLLC Form 568 attached to my filing but in this case for whatever reason I just have Schedule C-Self Employed stuff with no Form 568. Every other year has one until last year. 

Is there a way for me to get the form now or do I have to amend and re file?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies