turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

"If the IRS doesn't issue you your refund within 45 days of the returns due date or the date it accepted your tax return (whichever comes later), it owes you interest for every day that the refund is late."

-CNN MONEY

I wonder if they will follow through with this because mine is DEFINITELY over the 45 days. Time to pay up!!!

@ShanE123 On the 22nd it will be 3 month wait for me.

@dewilson2023  I just do NOT understand what the deal is. 

@ShanE123 I told everyone on here that the processing center we're closing down secretly and no one believed me. I am supposed to call my Advacate back soon so we shall see

I SPOKE WITH THE IRS AGENT ACTUALLY WORKING MY CASE WITH MY TA today sry bout the caps they had me update a w2 and said 18th at latest there there just skeleton crew

@dewilson2023 That would be the only legitimate reason why it's taking so long. Lol!

@dartravens How did you get someone to work your case? I've been waiting 2 months and now almost 3

@Jessica16  I filled and was accepted jan29 started with a ta on 2 24ish just called left a message waited a week and they check in every two weeks or so

Filed 1/31/20 federal still days processing with tax topic 152. State as of Tuesday says issued and to wait 10 days for direct deposit. I will post if I get it within those days. So hoping since I got accepted for my state federal will be updated saturday morning if not hopefully Wednesday morning.

Since my tax return still hasn't shown up I'm trying to make a plan that can bring in money throughout my entire hood if yall think that sounds cool follow @ commonsensegod on ig if you're from philly I promise you wont regret it

I filed using TT and received confirmation of being received on 2/24 with direct deposit information provided. It's now 6/26/2020 and I am still receiving the message that my return is still being processed with the tax topic 152. Has anyone else experienced this long of a wait?

@shaedreams Hello, and yes I filed 1/31/2020 accepted same day, still on tax topic 152..contacted my local congressmen that I googled on the house.gov site and someone from her cabinet has been in touch with tax advocate and by the 30th, next Tuesday I should have my answer when I'll receive my refund. A very long wait but if you havent heard back.i suggest contacting them. Hope you get your refund soon!!!!

Jewlz

Yes, I filed 2/9/2020 and was accepted same day. Mine says the same thing as yours does. 

@Jewlz @Hello eveyone here’s an update. Efiled 1/31/2020 accepted same day. Didn’t receive my federal refund at all this December 2020. Today is 1/1/2021 and still nothing in October got another 60 day letter with no action required. Filed single and one dependent with eitc. Anyone else know if if you haven’t received refund are we able to file for this tax season or do we wait until we get our refund or when the f do we get our refund I’ve been working non stop they this whole pandemic ...thank you

@Jessica16 

Yes, you can still file your taxes for 2020. your taxes for 2019 being delayed for what ever reason wont affect your current year as it it runs through their normal IRS main frame and your previous filings from last year are in another department. Sucks about your situation however the bright side is they will have to pay you interest on top of your refund. 

I would be calling every number possible to get an answer. If the IRS can send out billions in stimulus money in 3 days they can at least give you some information on your previous year tax refund. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies