dewilson2023

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@Just me Yes they have. I spoke with my Tax Advacate, her supervisor, IRS. It's even on their website and Tax Advacate said they shut down Sunday because of virus. If you are especially pulled for a stupid Review like myself they said would be untill the end of April before they start back up so refund is looking like May or June if lucky BS pure bs

dewilson2023

@Kwhite2643 Wrong, spoke with Tax Advacate, their supervisor and IRS

dewilson2023

FB_IMG_[phone number removed]6.jpg

Like I said don't be fooled like I was. In 2nd paragraph says they still open, wrong. Only for new taxes. If you have review of any kind your in same boat as me screwed, I'm homeless with family you think I'm gonna make this c*** up. Call her yourself Karen six three one dash nine seven seven dash there one six seven. I mean wth was the point of getting a Tax Advacate in the first place if they can't do c*** for you.

Just me

Well that may be what you were told, although if the TA office is closed I'm not sure yall spoke with your TAs. However, after spending 72min on hold and transfers I finally reached an IRS agent yesterday. I was assured most all can work remotely from home and even if the office shuts down completely, they will still be churning out refunds and such. I was also assured that once everything was verified whether on our end for ID Verify or theirs, through the review process, they would still be issuing checks as soon as possible. I was also told that the impact this pandemic was having on returns was actually causing them to churn them out a faster rate and skip over many review types in order to ensure the wellbeing of lower income Americans during this hectic time. I was assured that although TAs were closed the IRS was doing their best to approve any possible returns and get them out immediately.

dewilson2023

• I pretty much know my TA especially when she gives her name, duh. Also, this was in news article today. 

The IRS is also operating at less than full capacity at one of its busiest times of the year. The agency has been forced to close many offices or reduce operations in facilities across the country, including those performing “mission-critical” tasks.

Commissioner Charles Rettig said in an email to employees last week that even if a facility isn’t closed, its workforce will be cut in half to comply with social distancing orders.

Offices Closed

Kwhite2643

I was just stating what I’d been told :). It seems like several people are getting a lot of different information (all from our tax ‘experts’), and honestly, what’s new about that 🤣 Getting upset or defensive doesn’t help a thing. Personally, I hope my ‘expert’ was right cause  I want my refund as much as everyone else!  Sooo I’m gonna choose to believe someone out there is working on my return right now 🤷🏻‍♀️  C’est la vie folks. 

dewilson2023

I'm not the one being offensive. It seems everyone else was because I was just enlightening individuals to the news I had received and just because it was bad news it just had to be a lie or people calling me a liar because they did not want to hear it. 

I need my refund just like the next person as well and with given this news I was and am not prepared at all financial. Myself announcing this news is to maybe help prepare someone else who has financial hardships like myself and family but be able to plan accordingly or in a different manner instead of getting side swiped like I did. 

Kwhite2643

It’s defensive. And when you begin your reply with.... Wrong... that usually sets a bad tone. Like I said, I’ve seen several people stare they spoke to the irs etc personally and they got different stories.   Just setting out the information I’ve come across myself.  Toodleoo. 

The best place to get information is from the horse's mouth ... the IRS just posted a new release yesterday :

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/news-releases-for-current-month

Just me

Seriously? They r not running short staffed....and how did u talk to ur TA when TAservices ARE closed

.it takes 3.seconds to check the website of the actual IRS to see in blk and white the TAs are closed and refunds will be issued regardless of verification

dewilson2023

@Just me Are you a blonde because seriously you don't have a clue do you. Can you comprehend what you read? I also just spoke to my TA again today at that because I received a very late package in the mail today from the IRS. 

Not only all of this I left the phone number above in previous post. So, either comprehend what you read or go see a shrink to help you hear with news that may be negative that you can't seem to cope. Good lord people # adulting means there may be times you get bad news not everything is rainbows and cupcakes. 

If the bad news will effect you and your circumstances then I just gave you a heads up to plan accordingly. Make arrangements to get by. If the bad news I listed does not or will not pretain to you then keep it pushing. Stay in your lane boo boo 

dewilson2023

It's defensive and wrong when people are alerted to news and since it is bad news they just don't want to hear it or accept it. The information that I learned during my process can either be put to good use or ignored, either which way I shared my experience and information that was given to me. 

dewilson2023

Again, copying and pasting from the IRS website does absolutely nothing if you're not comprehending my message. 

Like I was told the push back to file is July 15th but has nothing to do with processing returns that have already been accepted or have been chose for review/audit.  That date is to give more time to file and pay. 

Secondly, if you were pulled for a review or audit like mine was told the IRS processing center like mine in Atlanta, GA was shut down quietly due to virus last Sunday. In which, means my review/audit/some refunds are on hold and will not be processed until after April 19th when the IRS is supposed to come back. This location is not the only one that quietly closed. 

Was also informed that when they do come back it will be two weeks before they get back to processing tax refunds because by then the stimulus checks are going to have to begin. 

Was also told that if your return is cleared after a review/audit they freaking mail it to you 8 weeks later. 

Not going to list anymore information I was told, believe it, don't believe it, prepare or don't prepare, at this point I could care less. You we're warned. Take it or leave it.