Re: 2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please. - Page 241

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

Filed Jan 26 letter date Feb 18thcalled March 1st no info to be given still processing big unknown 

I finally had to call the irs yesterday and sit on hold for about an hour to discover that even I efiled on 1/29 they were sitting on it because I mailed in my w-2 with a copy of my return.  They did not call or send me a letter they were just going to let me keep waiting so you need to call.  You can google a path to take after you call to get a person.  https://amynorthardcpa.com/how-do-i-reach-a-real-person-at-the-irs/  It will give you a path and what numbers to press to get an actual person on the phone.  Such a mind f***!  I am a laid off bartender and could have used that money now!

So you efiled AND  paper mailed a return ... so you were the cause of your own delay.  Sadly the IRS can take as long as needed to process this situation and although it would be nice to get a letter of explanation they don't always send it.  

If it's been more than 90 days since the return was accepted  then you can ask for help from the Tax Payer Advocate office:

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

If you are unsuccessful with the Taxpayer Advocate for your area, you can also try the special IRS phone number for the Taxpayer Advocate Service at 877-777-4778.

More info on the Taxpayer Advocate Service:
http://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/about/who-we-are

http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Taxpayer-Advocate-Service-6

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works:
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

Just an update for anybody who's been following me. tax advocate finally called me back today after I had left her a message trying to figure out what was going on. She looked in the emails and saw that the IRS man said that they proved I was HOH and they proved that the kids lived with me well my nephew's not kids for more than six months out of the year but we're having difficulty proving there my blood nephews. but then tax advocate went off and was like that's BS because I prove that they were blood relatives before I even sent this over to the IRS so she was like hold on I'm going to have to send an email back to the IRS and spell it out for them and then once he calls me back I'll have to call you back so here we go again.

@dewilson2023  Sounds like your tax advocate is handling the issue! I know it’s been a long wait, but it seems like you’re just about there. I’m praying for you. Hang in there as best as you can!! 🙏🏽

Hi i hate texting i rather talk to a live person but this is so fuastrating i file my taxes on jan 28 got accepted feb 2 and my refund was supose to be in my account on the 20 of feb is what it said on your app and the irs web site also said the 23 of feb it was going into my account now from that it went to refund still processing to getting a letter today stating that they are holding my refund until they finish verifiyng the accurracy of my return i am livid to know that i been with turbo tax for some years and you guys are the ones that are supose to check for all this and i also paid extra for protection on all this now what do i do this is crazy whats up with your systems are they going wacko cause it looks like im not the only one having these crazy issues csn u provide me with a 1800 number to talk to a live person and one i can get through to someone not a audio machine 

@Antoinettel1975 wrote:

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

I'm still waiting also

Return accepted 1/29/2020

Been stuck on still processing

Finally received a letter on 3/6/2020 dated 3/3/2020 stating I needed to send in form 8962 and form 1095-A 

I wasn't able to fax until 3/9/2020

On my letter is says could take another 6-8weeks until they receive my response before they issue a refund. I'm so frustrated because turbotax never asked about health insurance when I completed my husband and mines taxes. And then on 3/13/2020 I received an email from turbotax that they are gonna deduct the fees from my account if I don't have my refund by 4/3/2020. How is that my fault. I really hope that I get an update soon. Anybody dealing with this issue?????

Just to inform everybody I just got off the phone with my tax advocate and the IRS the IRS is officially closed there will be no more tax refunds until they open back up at the end of April and then don't expect when then because they will have to go back where they left off so you won't see a refund until the end of June or beginning of July May if you're lucky we are homeless what was the point of getting a tax advocate the tax advocate confirmed relations between me and my nephews the only thing IRS had to do was confirm HOH and that they live with me and which the guy from the IRS did but then came back and said could not see that they were related what the f 

Only tax assistance and face to face is closed. Returns are still being processed. 

That's inaccurate. The IRS has NOT closed. Please stop trying to create even more panic and hysteria.

@dewilson2023 Taxpayer Assistance Centers and  face-to-face services have been discontinued throughout the country until further notice. The IRS is continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible. For more information please click the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

I posted before but its been awhile..filed 1/22 accepted same day..called the end of Feb and was told I was on a 45 day review, just random no reason. Received my letter on 3/9 for a 60 day review..called again and was told they still didnt need anything. I emailed my local congresswoman's office on Friday and received the privacy release form yesterday, emailed it back and they opened a case with a TA for me yesterday. Just hoping for some good news soon.

No they are not. You so called experts need to STOP copying and pasting crap just so you can get your numbers up and stop giving out FAKE news. I have spoken to my Tax Advacate, her supervisor along with IRS and that person's supervisor. 

You can still submit your tax refund. But, that's it. If you were pulled for this bogus review crap like myself you will not repeat not see a refund until June. In order for you to get a DDD you would have had to been processed two weeks ago. Exactly what they said