turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

• I got CP05 letter. Got state taxes back first week of February.  So needing additional info is is lies! I have them same child for 14 year, live in the same house for 14 years and been a widow for 3 years that gets social security and work a job that employs 2 employees.  So find everything ridiculous. Thank you thou
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

I understand your frustration. TurboTax prepares your return but has no involvement in processing returns. These decisions are made solely at the discretion of the IRS. In regards to the CP05 letter, I was able to find this information:

Why is my return being reviewed?

We select some returns to examine so we can determine whether income, expenses, and credits are reported correctly. This doesn’t mean you made an error or were dishonest.

For more information, please click here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

• Very frustrating.  I have been using accountant for 20 years and decided I will try myself. I do my taxes thru turbo tax now I have issues. People that never had this happen like me would blame turbo and irs. Because I did all my taxes exactly as asked and took picture of w-2. We need our money just like everyone else. Like me I lost my job and wondering what is going to happen with the rest of my Bill's for next month. 

Sorry to hear that @Jessfisch1978 Even more so now with this virus it's so unreal and I've gotten the run around but still no action required. Idk I'm just hoping we get our tax refunds this month. Everyone I know lost or is without work/income due to the virus and it's a horrible position to be with as much as I want mine I hope you and everyone get their refund before me. I'm in the healthcare field and I'm just scared I get quarantined while at work due to an outbreak there, I just want to be able to leave this money with the family so they can take care of my little one. Still blows my mind how they didn't have a full staff for these specific flagged tax refunds to check them and process them quicker and of course accurately do so. 

I know very sad. Just trying to do what I can. Everyone take yourselves.  I am going to do the same

No update here, Ohio

Filed January 22th

Accepted January 27th

Found out under review checking bars February 22nd

Called IRS, February 24th, because of that and only received 34 dollars out of $7000. IRS then says they mailed out a letter February 17th which to this day we never received. Had to request a Tax Advacate same day would not tell me anything. Homeless living out of hot with Mom, and two nephew's. I'm only one working right now. Called Tax Advacate and they said on February 24th had to wait 5 days before they would even speak to me. finally on February 28th a tax advocate called me and said that I was being looked at for dependents and HOH I've claimed the same nephew's last year on my tax returns. Tax advocate then said I had to fax in forms. so I faxed in my forms to the tax advocate on February 29th and then she turned around and confirm that on March 2nd. She would not say anything else. I have left messages but nothing. last time we spoke she said that she would call back on the 27th of March but not too sure that they would let me claim HOH but said that my nephew's wasn't a problem because they could look up my sister and see that we both have the same mother that made no sense. So now with virus mom is stuck on unemployment was on before all of this but jobs telling her on hire freeze. I'm working at grocery store but barely making it because all my money goes to rent. Now even struggling worse than before and they are saying might close hotel down. I'm only 23. I feel everything is against me and I'm trying. Just would be nice for this to get released so can have some assurance. 

Filed Jan 26 letter date Feb 18thcalled March 1st no info to be given still processing big unknown 

ShondaScruggs
Returning Member

I finally had to call the irs yesterday and sit on hold for about an hour to discover that even I efiled on 1/29 they were sitting on it because I mailed in my w-2 with a copy of my return.  They did not call or send me a letter they were just going to let me keep waiting so you need to call.  You can google a path to take after you call to get a person.  https://amynorthardcpa.com/how-do-i-reach-a-real-person-at-the-irs/  It will give you a path and what numbers to press to get an actual person on the phone.  Such a mind f***!  I am a laid off bartender and could have used that money now!

So you efiled AND  paper mailed a return ... so you were the cause of your own delay.  Sadly the IRS can take as long as needed to process this situation and although it would be nice to get a letter of explanation they don't always send it.  

If it's been more than 90 days since the return was accepted  then you can ask for help from the Tax Payer Advocate office:

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

If you are unsuccessful with the Taxpayer Advocate for your area, you can also try the special IRS phone number for the Taxpayer Advocate Service at 877-777-4778.

More info on the Taxpayer Advocate Service:
http://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/about/who-we-are

http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Taxpayer-Advocate-Service-6

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works:
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

Just an update for anybody who's been following me. tax advocate finally called me back today after I had left her a message trying to figure out what was going on. She looked in the emails and saw that the IRS man said that they proved I was HOH and they proved that the kids lived with me well my nephew's not kids for more than six months out of the year but we're having difficulty proving there my blood nephews. but then tax advocate went off and was like that's BS because I prove that they were blood relatives before I even sent this over to the IRS so she was like hold on I'm going to have to send an email back to the IRS and spell it out for them and then once he calls me back I'll have to call you back so here we go again.

@dewilson2023  Sounds like your tax advocate is handling the issue! I know it’s been a long wait, but it seems like you’re just about there. I’m praying for you. Hang in there as best as you can!! 🙏🏽

Hi i hate texting i rather talk to a live person but this is so fuastrating i file my taxes on jan 28 got accepted feb 2 and my refund was supose to be in my account on the 20 of feb is what it said on your app and the irs web site also said the 23 of feb it was going into my account now from that it went to refund still processing to getting a letter today stating that they are holding my refund until they finish verifiyng the accurracy of my return i am livid to know that i been with turbo tax for some years and you guys are the ones that are supose to check for all this and i also paid extra for protection on all this now what do i do this is crazy whats up with your systems are they going wacko cause it looks like im not the only one having these crazy issues csn u provide me with a 1800 number to talk to a live person and one i can get through to someone not a audio machine 

@Antoinettel1975 wrote:

Hi i hate texting i rather talk to a live person but this is so fuastrating i file my taxes on jan 28 got accepted feb 2 and my refund was supose to be in my account on the 20 of feb is what it said on your app and the irs web site also said the 23 of feb it was going into my account now from that it went to refund still processing to getting a letter today stating that they are holding my refund until they finish verifiyng the accurracy of my return i am livid to know that i been with turbo tax for some years and you guys are the ones that are supose to check for all this and i also paid extra for protection on all this now what do i do this is crazy whats up with your systems are they going wacko cause it looks like im not the only one having these crazy issues csn u provide me with a 1800 number to talk to a live person and one i can get through to someone not a audio machine 

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

I'm still waiting also

Return accepted 1/29/2020

Been stuck on still processing

Finally received a letter on 3/6/2020 dated 3/3/2020 stating I needed to send in form 8962 and form 1095-A 

I wasn't able to fax until 3/9/2020

On my letter is says could take another 6-8weeks until they receive my response before they issue a refund. I'm so frustrated because turbotax never asked about health insurance when I completed my husband and mines taxes. And then on 3/13/2020 I received an email from turbotax that they are gonna deduct the fees from my account if I don't have my refund by 4/3/2020. How is that my fault. I really hope that I get an update soon. Anybody dealing with this issue?????

Just to inform everybody I just got off the phone with my tax advocate and the IRS the IRS is officially closed there will be no more tax refunds until they open back up at the end of April and then don't expect when then because they will have to go back where they left off so you won't see a refund until the end of June or beginning of July May if you're lucky we are homeless what was the point of getting a tax advocate the tax advocate confirmed relations between me and my nephews the only thing IRS had to do was confirm HOH and that they live with me and which the guy from the IRS did but then came back and said could not see that they were related what the f 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies