turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

Yeah, I hope that's the case. What is the Facebook group? I wouldn't mind joining!

@Crystal92389  Tax refund help and also where’s my refund both large groups over 50k people

Ck97
Level 3

@Crystal92389 I wouldn’t worry about it taking the full 60 days. I got a letter dated the 2/19 and on sat I got my ddd. 

soupergloo
Returning Member

Hoping to get some insight on my situation:

Filed 1/31/2020

Accepted 1/31/2020

Update was stuck in "still processing"

Called IRS 2/28/2020 where they informed me my return was considered incomplete because I forgot to include in 1095-A and form 8962 in my return.

Faxed and mailed both forms on 2/29/2020.

The IRS rep. informed me it could take an additional 8 weeks to process and I wouldn't receive any updates from the IRS unless additional information was needed. Anyone have any experience with the above and if it will take that long to process after I submitted the forms?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Please click the IRS link Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers to learn more. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi so I got excepted on 1/28 and still nothing I was told that a letter is coming last week to expect it any day I called today and was told the letter will come or be mailed on March 9 and I'm on a 60 day random review nothing I need to do so do I have any rights to make this go faster have hardships 

@Crystal92389 I never got a letter. But I know some folks who did. I know this is probably annoying but If you go back and read comments from first of last week and follow them you will see what I did to get the info I got for mine. I'm sorry for the no help answer but I dont want to incriminate myself no more than I already have, if I might have lied to get info about my tax return.lol. 🤫

@Keeponpush1n exactly what I said at first of last week, I know because I've worked in a few call centers and their following a script. 

Ck97
Level 3

@Alepal414  I saw a lot of people say they called the tax payer advocate service and that helped a lot. Their number is [phone number removed]!

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

For anyone who has been following my drama of a review in this thread. I don't know what we are going to do, we are screwed. In need of serious prayers.

Tax Advacate called back and said received my paperwork and all was good but that my mom is on hotel receipt with my two nephews and me. Like no poo, we're all homeless together. I paid over $7,000 for hotel rent, bought nephew's food, bought their clothes, bought shoe's, paid for their hair cuts which is well over my $14,000 I made for year. My mom had garnishment, court order pay backs and reason why she aloud me to claim last two years and this year.

Well tax advocate says IRS can push out if they want and say I'm not eligible in which I am. Re did taxes on every site and it said yes can claim. Mom owes loans so she would never get regardless. Makes no sense. You do the right thing you tell the truth and you still get screwed. 

Homeless in hotel and soon could be on street. I so needed this refund

Never received the letter. Tax Advacate had to tell me what was on it. IRS said mailed February 17th

So on sbtpg their showing they've taken my loan and fees out and sending the remainer on 3/4 and gives me a total. Does that mean they have recieved my refund now? Because that's not been on there before.  And can I get a deposit tonight or before 3/4 on a turbo tax card? 

Yes your moneys on its way

@ADRI89 thank you. That's really what I wa shopping it meant because the total and other stuff was not there before. but it says deposit date of 3/4 that it was sent to me and today is only 3/2 and it's already showing so I was hoping it might come tonight since my kids are out of school here tomorrow for super tuesday. 🤞

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies