Re: 2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please. - Page 235

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@Crystal92389 I never got a letter. But I know some folks who did. I know this is probably annoying but If you go back and read comments from first of last week and follow them you will see what I did to get the info I got for mine. I'm sorry for the no help answer but I dont want to incriminate myself no more than I already have, if I might have lied to get info about my tax return.lol. 🤫

@Keeponpush1n exactly what I said at first of last week, I know because I've worked in a few call centers and their following a script. 

@Alepal414  I saw a lot of people say they called the tax payer advocate service and that helped a lot. Their number is [phone number removed]!

Or you may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

For anyone who has been following my drama of a review in this thread. I don't know what we are going to do, we are screwed. In need of serious prayers.

Tax Advacate called back and said received my paperwork and all was good but that my mom is on hotel receipt with my two nephews and me. Like no poo, we're all homeless together. I paid over $7,000 for hotel rent, bought nephew's food, bought their clothes, bought shoe's, paid for their hair cuts which is well over my $14,000 I made for year. My mom had garnishment, court order pay backs and reason why she aloud me to claim last two years and this year.

Well tax advocate says IRS can push out if they want and say I'm not eligible in which I am. Re did taxes on every site and it said yes can claim. Mom owes loans so she would never get regardless. Makes no sense. You do the right thing you tell the truth and you still get screwed. 

Homeless in hotel and soon could be on street. I so needed this refund

Never received the letter. Tax Advacate had to tell me what was on it. IRS said mailed February 17th

So on sbtpg their showing they've taken my loan and fees out and sending the remainer on 3/4 and gives me a total. Does that mean they have recieved my refund now? Because that's not been on there before.  And can I get a deposit tonight or before 3/4 on a turbo tax card? 

Yes your moneys on its way

@ADRI89 thank you. That's really what I wa shopping it meant because the total and other stuff was not there before. but it says deposit date of 3/4 that it was sent to me and today is only 3/2 and it's already showing so I was hoping it might come tonight since my kids are out of school here tomorrow for super tuesday. 🤞

A few yaers ago we did the sbtg card bank and it showed up after thet took the fees and all out shortley after. Either way your and mine are both coming 3.4. 20  mines direct deposit so congrats and it looks like we are the luckey ones that made it through the gauntlet.hope everyone else makes it too

@dewilson2023  You have so many prayers... I don't know if this will bring you comfort but I've been in your shoes and, that year that we were living out of a motel, my tax return was garnished unexpectedly and we were really relying on it.  Our family made it through the storm and I know yours will too.  You are such a strong man and I'm sure your nephews and your mother appreciate all the sacrifices and strength you have shown. I wish I could offer more help than reassurances that you will be okay.  Keep your head up, King.  You guys are so going to get through this.

Still waiting for mine still no update still says processing irs told me there were no letters sent out and there are no issues they can see but still nothing on WMR or SBTPG 

Thank you guys for all the prayers, I just don't know what I can do anymore. Struggling for basic needs, mom can't start her new job now, all my check goes to hotel rent. Feeling really defeated like the world is against me. 

Tax Advacate said she is sending them my paperwork but said IRS could be butts about it because Mom is on hotel receipt as well but yet I paid for stuff. Her wages were garnished twice over even though on paper she made more. She didn't have money for nephews why I stepped in, not going to let them live on Street or be hungry.

Now some are saying take off HOH and file single but still claim EIC. Can you even do that and get a refund. I do everything by the book because when I finally am able to be on my own I don't want to be in the streets and be a statistic like so many want to label me.

Update****

So I Filed 1/30 

accepted 1/30 

Deposit date for 3/4 on 3/2 

Pending Deposit For 3/4 on 3/3

BUT , I still have not receive my state refund ... I was told I am under a 45 day review has anyone else have this problem the received there state after receiving federal ( Child tax and EITC filers )????????? BTW Turbo Tax Charged me More than 120 dollars too .

Not for everyone tho...I did taxes for two of my friends both of which get EIC and CTC ....they both received refunds alredy. One I filed on 2/12/20 she got her money last Wed the other was just accepted last Monday on  2/23 and he got his today with a D DD showing tomorrow Y et  I filed and was accepted on 1/27 and still

Nothing...no letter, no money, no nothing :(