Re: 2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please. - Page 234

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@Jpry27 Lucky you

I filled and accepted same day as you and now have to prove HOH and that my nephew's lived with me in hotel for at least 6 months. We're all homeless and this sucks. Tax Advocate told us after asking for hardship and expedited that it would still take five weeks

Feeling super defeated... I filed 1/27 accepted 1/27... WMR is stuck on processing with no update. I’ve received my state already. I’d hope that if something needed adjusted I’d have received a letter by now so that I could send any needed corrections ASAP. 

Filed 1/31 accepted 1/31. Updated 2/29 with a DDD of 3/4. This is definitely the longest I’ve ever waited for a tax return! 

Finally got a DDD of 3.3.20.  I noticed a lot of people have DDD of 3.4.20.  Just glad things are progressing

Same here. 

I was told from the irs that I’m under review and a letter will be mailed out on March 9th. Said I need to send them a W2 to prove income? 

@ADRI89  did the IRS tell you that your letter would be dated for March 9th by any chance? When I called last week, they stated my letter went out the week of Feb 21st.. and the woman I spoke to last week stated, the reviews can happen before the letters are received.. yet upon calling to check this morning, the woman I Spoke to said, no your review won't start until the date of the letter you received! March 9th this missing letter is dated.. I told her, I don't have a letter.. she very rudely says.. don't expect your return for at least 60 days after March 9th! I asked.. have you seen these reviews finish before the 45, or 60 days? She said yes. But again, last week when I spoke to someone different, I was told I was only on a 45 day review.. and this woman today, tells me it's 60. So I am trying to figure Out, was your letter dated for March? If you could let me know? I am trying to figure this out, because clearly the IRS is just being told to tell the people who call one thing, but sadly they are all telling something different.

@HarrisonJ2311  was your letter dated for March 9th? When I called I was also told I was under just a 45 day review.. yet upon calling this morning, I spoke to someone else who said no it's 60 days! And that 60 days won't start until the date of your letter, March 9th. Yet the woman last week, said the review process has already started, and can finish at any time.. this is so frustrating, and confusing. 

@Crystal92389  They are call center workers not irs agents or workers they are reading from the script to keep the call volumes down don’t listen to them in a group on fb I’m following they’re plenty of people told they are under review and wait on letter 45-60 days then low and behold ddd so don’t pay worry 

Yeah, I hope that's the case. What is the Facebook group? I wouldn't mind joining!

@Crystal92389  Tax refund help and also where’s my refund both large groups over 50k people

@Crystal92389 I wouldn’t worry about it taking the full 60 days. I got a letter dated the 2/19 and on sat I got my ddd. 

Hoping to get some insight on my situation:

Filed 1/31/2020

Accepted 1/31/2020

Update was stuck in "still processing"

Called IRS 2/28/2020 where they informed me my return was considered incomplete because I forgot to include in 1095-A and form 8962 in my return.

Faxed and mailed both forms on 2/29/2020.

The IRS rep. informed me it could take an additional 8 weeks to process and I wouldn't receive any updates from the IRS unless additional information was needed. Anyone have any experience with the above and if it will take that long to process after I submitted the forms?

The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting February 27, 2019, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.

Please click the IRS link Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers to learn more. 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Hi so I got excepted on 1/28 and still nothing I was told that a letter is coming last week to expect it any day I called today and was told the letter will come or be mailed on March 9 and I'm on a 60 day random review nothing I need to do so do I have any rights to make this go faster have hardships