turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@nevergointouseagain  Santa Barbara told u 3 weeks? They said I missed a number on my account but my bank sent it back yesterday my deposit date was the 2/26 they also provided me with tracking to give to Santa Barbara and said a check will be issued 2 business days I’ll Keep u posted on the outcome 

But if u can have your bank give you tracking that they sent the funds back to them and they should be able to see that  and speed up your process @nevergointouseagain @it’s messed up because my bank said they should be able to redeposit the funds since it was only missing one number but they say their policy is to issue a paper check in this “rare occurrence “ 🙄

@outcast00096   I went through well I am going through the exact process. I filled 1/16 TurboTax says I was accepted 2/27. But, according to the IRS reps when I called they say I was accepted 2/29. My WMR status did have 1 bar up until 2/15 and then it gave me the message "STILL BEING PROCESSED"... after waiting my 21 days and contacting the IRS  2/19 then I got the news. I needed to verify my identity. They mailed my letter out on the 20th lat week and it is in the mail today.

@nevergointouseagain  Sbtpg already issued check charged an extra fee (of course) so I’m just waiting on it to come now so the 2 business days were accurate just have to wait on snail mail now 

Well as stupid as it sounds I wish they would atleast tell me they issued me a check lol I filed 1/24 accepted 1/27 and I'm still on 0. No verification needed for anything that im aware of, I have talked to i.r.s. Sbtpg and turbo tax. Everybody says something else and passes blame off to the next one. But the common occurrence is they just say "Keep waiting". 

The crappy part really is the government was "SHUT DOWN" no irs workers working or nothing last year for what? 2 weeks or a month? And I still got my refund within the 21 days last year. It hit my bank the last Wednesday of Feburary and I filed 2 weeks later than I did this year. Just a point I'd like to make and everyone consider. We are getting played. They are collecting interest on our money and not releasing it until the very last minute. I will not be filing with @TurboTax next year. Yall burnt me good. 

Ck97
Level 3

I filled 1/26

and it was accepted 1/27

then on the 15th we got the path update until it changed to “Being processed”

haven’t had any update until today. Received a letter in the mail that says they selected our return to verify some things, but says I don’t have to do anything, and that they could take up to 60 days. This is bs. Has anyone else received a letter and gotten their return BEFORE the 60 days were up?? Please someone lmk!

@Ck97  you should update tomorrow I had the being processed then went to approved last week I was accepted the 27th. As well it seems they were working backwards this year Because feb filers were approved and deposited same week they filed 

Ck97
Level 3

@Keeponpush1n I hope so!! Did you get a letter too?

tax advocate finally got a hold of me and said I need to prove head of household and that my nephew's lived with me in the hotel for the year that we've been homeless with my mom. how the heck do I prove this when they don't go to daycare my mom watches them and then she home schools and the tax advocate was saying that you need a doctor statement saying that they live with you from this time to this time but they never went to the doctors in 2019 if nobody gets sick nobody goes to the doctor. Found a way to pull off my bank statement from the debit card and a lot of the transactions I did I pulled the money off of the ATM to get cash so I could pay for the room but also buy groceries and stuff so it doesn't all show that it wants a lodging or that I paid by debit so it's like being homeless how do I do this is like discrimination you don't want to give it to me but I'm homeless because I don't have utility bills I don't have all that other stuff 

First depending on your income do you even need the HOH filing status ?  You get the same credits if you file SINGLE so review your return ... use the amendment option in the TT program and switch to SINGLE in the MY INFO tab ... did it change the refund amount any ?   If not when the letter comes in concede that point. 

Now the nephew  ... the notice will require you to prove you are related  and that he lived with you form more than 1/2 the year.   Have someone like the motel manager , other residents or family members sign affidavits attesting to that fact. 

When the notice comes in read it carefully ... some parts may not pertain to you so you can skip them. 

@dewilson2023 @I can tell from experience that if you cant prove your head of household status such as a lease and proof that you cared for your nephews then you will be disallowed the credit this year. I had to prove my own kids was mine plus i had to prove head of home by a lease..that process is a big headache

Finally was able to login to my debit card to be able to print out my statements so I hope they accept those as bank statements. the hotel agreed to add my nephew's on to the extra guest list so that way their names appear on the receipt of the entire 2019 receipt that we've been here so hopefully they'll accept that. Also sending in my w twos that I printed off the internet what shows my address and my yearly income. Also mailing in the letter that the public schools sent my mother when they release them from the public school district to be traditionally homeschooled in 2019. but in 2019 my nephews were never sick they just got sick but it's 20/20 so doctor same as not going to do any good and then how do you get a six-month verification letter from someone saying that they lived here because we don't talk to anybody. faxing this information to the tax advocate tomorrow so she should have it on Monday praying to God this is the paperwork that they'll need or accept and not ask for anything else. Said it was still going to take another five weeks.

@Critter Tax Advacate said don't change anything it would cause more problem and I am head of household so I have to prove it or it will effect my future taxes if I don't.

She stated that I did not have to prove that I was related because she could see my sister or somehow pull up my sister which was their mother and see that we have the same mom so I don't have to prove that I don't know how she did it but she said I didn't have to prove. I just have to prove HOH and that my nephew's lived with me and that I was in the same house with them for 6 months. But they live with me all year.

the hotel office said they're not allowed to write  out personal statements of any kind the only thing that they can give you is a receipt of the entire time that you stayed here and then he suggested the only thing that he could do was to add the two children which are miners onto the additional guess which is normally just for other adults that stay in the room.so he added the children's names my nephew's to the extra guess part of the receipt and then print it out to show their names on the receipt for 2019 at the hotel. We don't talk to anybody and we don't associate with anybody we're pretty much stay to ourselves so I don't have anyone who could possibly write a statement and the boys never got sick in 2019 they just got sick but it's 20 20. So a doctor would not make any difference. the only thing that my mom does have is a letter from the public school district releasing my nephew's from the public schools district for the year 2019 to 2020 to be traditionally homeschool. Then I'm also going to fax over my printed out copy of w2. even though she said I didn't even have to prove my income because with them releasing the $34 portion of my refund shows I have income and that they know I have income.

Being homeless and doing this is just so overwhelming it's ridiculous like another 5 weeks puts us in like April or May. my mom is not going to be able to take her new job that she had lined up that starts April 13th cuz don't have any money to get her there and then we struggle with food and transportation and stuff like that that's just ridiculous I've claimed my nephew's before and past taxes.

@Jdawg2119 Me too and filed same date

What they are asking for is crazy.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies