turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@rrbs15 wrote:

When I called TurboTax the lady told me she saw no issues and that they do not deposit the money to our bank. They said the irs does.. Is that true? 

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

@rrbs15 

That depends. 

If you chose to get a tax advance loan, or you had your turbotax fees paid with your return ,what will happen is the IRS will send the money to the santa barbara bank. From there they will take out your turbotax fees and send the rest to your bank .

If you have no fees, no advance ,or you paid your fees up front, then yes the IRS will deposit directly into your bank without going through a third party .

@CDM92 I'm assuming your EST? Witch would mean your deposit will hit later this evening probably between 12a.m. and 2a.m. your time. I've been watching this thread for days and EST people are usually getting their deposits last as its depositing from West to East. 2 people on here previously got their deposits last night, one in NY and another in NJ and both of their deposits hit after 12:30 a.m. EST if I'm not mistaken because they both said they hit and "Goodbye, see yall next year" in comments from early this morning 2-3a.m. EST. I was talking to them when they got the ir deposits and posted on here .  yall can call me crazy, but I'm only explaining what I've seen the past few days. I'm still waiting on my refund also. Hopefully all of ours hits today/tonight. 🤞

I was so disappointed early this morning when I check my account and no refund was there😟. My car is at the car repair shop. My family   keeps asking me did you get your refund ? No ! Even when I do get it....I don’t have it smh... I had some stuff in my Amazon shopping cart I was going to buy. ☹️

@waiting-and-waiting

I feel your pain my Amazon cart has been waiting since last week.

This is becoming rediciulous. I dont have any bills to pay but i need to do other things. My son is 4 and growing like a weed. he need clothes and shoes. I need lawn service BADLY. I need a new fence. ugghhhhh

I can’t even get the automated system for SBTPG

@CDM92  Yeah tomorrow if nothing, they better be scared or don't pick up their phones, lol.

I also think they will pull that"you signed over your refund to us" if we tried to go after the fees. The scary part is we did sign over it to them. Really puts things in perspective now and I will not be doing this again.

@CDM92 my co worker rec'd her deposit yesterday 4:30 cst

@HarrisonJ2311 

I totally believe that to be honest. Usually EST is the latest because they're hours behind us anyway. I just hope I'm one of the lucky ET people who get theirs by tomorrow morning. 

It's like being a kid and waking up Christmas day to find nothing but a 'sorry for your dissapointment' letter from santa .

@tiffluv81 

I feel this .My son just turned 18 months and he outgrew his car seat. He can't safely be in this one anymore, but we can't afford a new one yet .It's hard to get your adulting done when the kid can't come with. I was really hoping to be able to get one today but oh well . Hopefully tomorrow. 

@CDM92 does your WMR say processing or approved?

Its ok people Yahweh sees your needs . I pray not only for my own  I'm without any money it's hard being  helpless  having to rely on others is embarrassing.  But I am praying  that the hard worker s at IRS  hurry.  I pray he grants us  our hard earned money Lord knows I suffered this past year at my jobs  one was overnight shift. Was made fun of  .. I'm not young anymore so I'm still trying . Please hurry 

@Tharvey1105 

Approved. I've had my DDD for the 26th since Saturday at 3am . It's just SBTPG that's taking their sweet time .

@CDM92 man I'm in the same boat as far as bills and mine doesn't even say approved it just says processing and no bars and I can't find any information about what's going on they said no letter has been sent out

@dewilson2023 Sorry for this late reply. It's been a really busy day for me. I mailed my stuff in about 2 years ago but if they accept fax, you would need to call and get the information from them. Since you had a letter, it might have stated to mail it in but for fax, you would still need to know from them what it is that needs to be faxed in (or mailed). I hope this helps. I also hope that they can hurry and process your refund. I know exactly how you feel right now.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies