turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cv3
Level 3

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

Seems that we won't be getting our funds until tomorrow. I spoke to a rep at sbbt and they stated that since they are overloaded with the IRS they are having to do different batches due to the high volume. We can get a deposit at anytime today if not for sure tomorrow. I didn't have fees with tt. 

@Cv3 Why is there such an issue this year? I would think the load is massive every year..smh...This is so dissappointing, then they can't even tell you the batch we're in...I may consider H&R Block next year...Lol

Yeah my brother and his fiance recommended I go through H&R next year because you can file online for free. I've been with TurboTax for the last two years and I've had to pay everytime. But for all of this, it's not worth paying for

Also, to the ones who think TurboTax and/or Chime is the issue, I'm here to tell you they aren't. Chime NEVER holds your funds and as soon as they receive anything in your name, an automated system posts it to your account. TT doesn't collect fees directly from you, yet they use a third party like TPG and have them collect them. TPG is backed up but they also have deadlines to hit, but it'll be here soon. I filed and got accepted on the 27th, got the update this past Saturday, and DDD of 2/26. Fingers crossed!!! It could be anytime today, or hopefully we see them tomorrow morning. 

@Alissasnelson11  Boa also smh guess I’ll watch Netflix til the am lol

Could it get deposited anytime today if it hasn't already at 12am? Is there set deposit times?  like my paycheck always comes at 12am. 

I have a TT card , the past 2 years my funds have been made available around 5-6pm(ET) 

@mslvgreene I files with hr block, but the account balance at the top had a negative balance which is what was owed to me for a refund... But now it says 0, I'm guessing that means sent? Wmr hasn't updated but to ddd 2/26 or by 3/2...

@bkplus3  is that prior to your DDD or on the day you was suppose to receive it.

@C22012  

It depends on when SBTPG releases it and your bank .For example my credit union only releases deposits same day if it's before 5:30pm Est, otherwise it'll be the next day . SBTPG is releasing a ton of returns today in batches, so some might get their deposits today later ,others may be stuck until tomorrow .

If SBTPG released my return after 5:30pm Est today ,which they might because that's only 2:30 there , I'd have to wait for tomorrow morning .

We have accountnow for banking and DD. His amount was sent this morning. HE normally gets deposits on the day before expectation but around 12 -5 pm cst. We shall see.

I checked this morning and was green so after that i didnt really revisit the site.However i did post the phone number in a comment os somebody needs to phone them.Still waiting for my deposit.

the circle was red and green for spouse but it said it was sent to bank and will arrive within 1-2 business day.

i believe we may have to wait til tomorrow. TPG is( PST) pacific time and they are 2 hours behind us( EST) Eastern time.  Most banks say they will only post deposits the same day as long as its before 5, 530 before the banks close. If the are 2 hours behind and the site doesnt come up til 4 pst then it will already be 6 our time.

So im thinking they wasnt prepared with all the delays and the holiday and then i can imagine that this first batch of refunds must be big. Its so many people who filed early. So Tomorrow morning im guessing.

@ericka9491 

I think this is mostly true .Except , when I called earlier and spoke to a rep at SBTPG she said they were releasing refunds in batches all day, even while the website is down .The website is down just because it couldn't keep up with all the traffic. 

So the website being down won't have anything to do with it. It just depends what batch you're being released in .

Also TPG is 3 hours behind Est not 2. So it'd actually be 7 here when the site is back up. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies