luvmycop

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@Veronicakabi  hey did u check your transcript from irs?> you may have same date or same cycle number

Veronicakabi

@luvmycop I can’t I don’t own a home, or have a auto loan 

luvmycop

@Veronicakabi  i think u can use last 8 of credit card

jamank

@momofthree2020 You should receive the remainder of your refund on the 26th as stated on wmr but are you saying that besides the state taking their portion of $768, the IRS took a total of $1700 for their portion instead of the total of $932?

If so, you will have to call them so that they can fix it. Someone may have made a mistake or it could just be that they are showing that in total, the full amount of the debt is satisfied and just making it seem like they took more than what they were supposed to.

I would honestly wait until the 26th just to see if the refund amount is correct. If not, then call them.

trishc7380

@dewilson2023 You can claim your nephew no problem. As long as you helped supported him. The irs probably just wants his birth certificate and social security card. I know it's a pain because its going to take longer for you to receive your refund. As soon as you get the letter just send them what they need. I'm also receiving the same letter. I've claimed my step kids for years. But now they want birth certificate and social security card . I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I really hope the process goes fast for you. Forgot to mention that they will probably send your federal refund without all the child credits. So if you made, let's say, two thousand in federal taxes you should still receive that portion. No jail time or anything like that. They just wont release the child credit until you send them what they want. I hope this makes sense and helps. Sending many blessings your way

momofthree2020

@jamank the offset total for back child support is 1,700 and due to the state refund (ohio)being processed first they took our whole state amount  of 768 so I assumed to only see 932 taken out of our federal refund to total the 1,700 but they took the whole 1,700 amount according to the offset phone line. I did find a couple people saying this happened to them last year and they had to wait until April for the state to refund the money back to them. You would think that state and federal would communicate stuff like this to eachother.  🤦‍♀️

dewilson2023

Thank you trishc7380.

It just sucks because I claimed them for the last two years and no problem. And without the tax credit EIC, I don't have a refund. Really blows and the issue we are going through.

dewilson2023

@jamank 

I have no issues showing proof. They are my relatives. Mom has custody but I cared for them. Homeless, but together. And I even took the IRS quiz on their site to make sure can claim and it came back

Interactive Tax Assistant (ITA)

Whom may I claim as a dependent?
You can claim Nephew as a dependent.
You can claim Nephew as a dependent.

CMFlunk

No additional updates, not expecting much for a Sunday. Will check in tomorrow. 

jamank

@dewilson2023 Everyone's tax situation is different so you can be getting a totally different correspondence than the next person, trust me. As long as you provide them what they need then you should be fine. After you submit them what they want, you can also get a tax advocate who can help you to get your refund faster, depending on any adjustments that the IRS may make. Good look and hope all goes well for you.

Jyork23x

I called the offset line and said my refund was reduced which I knew was gonna happen. But my ? Is it posted for feb26th does that mean I'll get what's left of my return the same day or how does that work? 

amykitts4

Has anyone seen their deposit go to SBTG yet my DDD is 2/26/20 

jamank

@Jyork23x You will will receive the difference on the 26th. 

amykitts4

I am having my deposited in my personal acct. But TT is pulling their fees first and i updated friday night into sat with a DDD of 2/26/20 what waa your file date. 

CDM92

@amykitts4 

I asked a similar question in the Facebook group and to others I know who've had to go through SBTPG. 

Typically the consensus is you'll get it a day early depending on your bank. SBTPG will receive pre-authorization from the IRS Monday where it will set up the disbursement, they will receive the actual money by Tuesday and will release it same day, whether it's credited to your bank Tuesday or Wednesday depends on your bank .

I go through a credit union so I'mI'm hoping to get it early.