2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@Sarina2684 SBTPG is the bank our refund goes to first if we chose to Efile and Direct Deposit

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group

Mike.

Filed 1/14

Accepted 1/27

Walking path til 2/22

EDDD 2/26

Spoke wit SBB was told they receive throughout day 

@0007yay  I know have the did 2/26. I normally get it a day or 2 early 

@Guido Yes I did! I'm so pissed

Did SBTPG say they recieve payments from the IRS on weekends too? I always get my refund days before DDD when usingthe Turbo card. Also last year I had my deposit before SBTPG updated which was weird

Filed 1/21 

accepted 1/22 

wmr 1 bar tax topic 152 

wmr changed to path message for eitc

2/22 wmr updated to approved

ddd 2/26 !!!!!

I know not having our money sucks but hang in there people we will all have it soon updates are happening

@HarrisonJ2311. might want to call I found out yesterday I was randomly selected for a 60 day review and will be receiving a letter within the next 2 weeks really hoping it dont take that long 

Wild on February 9th and got accepted the same day I've never had this happen before there was always one bar or something and I know all my information is right so we'll see what happens I'll let you know if I see anything

Mines says the middle. What does that mean?

So Irritated

Filed 1/22

Accepted 1/28

Went to Path

Went to being processed

Now Topic 151 A letter has been sent

I am 23 and this is 3rd year I claimed my nephew's my mom has custody but we all leave together. Never had a problem before and we need this homeless. I don't have kids of my own and Never been to College. WTH

As I mentioned before ... the IRS can pull a return for any reason at any time and there is nothing you can do about it but roll with the punches.  If this takes more than 60 days then you can ask for help from the taxpayer advocate office. 

@dewilson2023 Tax topic 151 has numerous meanings, the EIC being one of them. There are numerous people that claim kids that don't belong to them on their tax return. 

If you supported the kids, it's understood that you can claim them but the IRS can still put you under review regardless of the number of years you claim kids on your taxes.

I'm not saying this is the reason that you are being reviewed but your case honestly sounds similar to my cousin who had been claiming his nephews on his return for years.

The IRS flagged his return one year and he had to pay them back all of the money. There is also an ongoing investigation of someone who did the same thing and is facing jail time and they had that code for an offset. I'm not trying to scare you and I honestly hope that this is not your case at all. 

I just notice that the IRS is hot this year on several people who claimed certain credits and are demanding some sort of documentation, verification and/or proof before either seizing, reducing or issuing refunds. Wishing you the very best. 

*Filed 1/24

*Accepted 1/27

*Path page 2/8 until 2/14

*"We recieved your return and it is being processed" 2/14 until 2/22

*Gained access to my transcript yesterday and it showed code 846 ddd 2/26 with the full refund amount although I already knew my husband owes back child support and we filed together so it would be offset

*checked WMR today and it says the whole thing about your refund is being offset its approved but we will send you the remained of your money(I'm owed alot more than the offset) and if it's not recieved by 3/2 to contact the irs

*Today checked my transcript again and it's not showing any offset on it which is whatever because I know they took it out. *I called the offset number today and it shows they took the full amount of the offset even though the state already took some of it... so let me throw some numbers around here. Owed $1,700 total for the offset state took $768 which should have made it to where federal only needed to take $932 but they took the whole $1,700.

*I know i just put alot of info out there but I just read all 150 something pages of this forum and I couldnt find anything for the 2 questions I have except I did see someone post pictures of the different WMR pages which mine was the 2nd one... I will recap the questions lol.

Q#1-will my refund still be deposited on 2/26 ?

Q#2-why would they take more money than what is owed for the offset and what do I do about it?

Thanks in advance !

I just checked the Santa Barbara Bank in my refund is there where's my refund still says wrong information and IRS website also

@Koolkat45 great...what was your ddd from the irs?