turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

For those who got a DDD are there any who did actual direct deposit to their own personal bank account? I am wondering if that could be why mine hasn’t updated because I am having mine sent to my own account. 

@huitt913  That is what I believe it is also according to what I read that is what it is. I did direct dep to my own bank as well and I had no change overnight

@huitt913 I do direct deposit to my bank every year. I received a DDD 

@emk0422  I hope that is the reason this is the first year I have ever done direct deposit to my own bank account. Fingers crossed I am going to call Bank of America and see if maybe they got a verification from irs or if they may know something. 

@BB2019  This is the first year I have done direct deposit could it just be they are verifying my account is my account or would you think I am under review this is first time all this has happen to me

Where is my refund updated for me last night now it shows two bars saying my refund will be sent February 26 I hope it updated for everybody else also

@LyricBravado @Good morning ☀️ my IRS2Go paged changes as well stating it should be in bank account by 2/26 but SBB still same shiz 🤣🤣🤣

Hey y’all to all the people who didn’t get DDD lastnight, I had the same situation on the 15 when my wmr didn’t update.  This year I didn’t get a path act message or anything, so I was kinda worried. 

that Monday I checked and wmr went straight from “processing” to no bars and “still processing”. No path in between. I updated this morning with a DDD 2/26

sharing this with you guys because I know it’s stressful but give it until Monday and see what happens. Fingers crossed for y’all. 

I Filed 2/1                                                                       Accepted 2/2.                                                               Path Act Message 2/15 a few Days Later Your Return is being Processed.                                         DDD 2/26 I am having my Refund Deposited into my Checking Account 

well, i hope every thing goes good for ones who didnt get ddd date today But ill see next year but for now i got to go buy bigger wallet😁 yeah!

Just to answer a few questions I see posted ...

How long will it take for the IRS letter to come ?   

Expect it to take as long as 2 weeks and be happy if it comes in sooner.

Why am I being "reviewed/audited" ?  

What the IRS looks for each year is a closely guarded secret and they change from year to year so even if your return is exactly the same as prior years you could be stopped for a review of some kind.   And some returns are pulled totally at random.  There is nothing you can do but wait patiently while the IRS processes your return.   If you do get an IRS letter read it carefully and respond as directed in a timely manner.  

Why did someone else's return process faster than mine when we filed at the same time?   

As I have posted in the past ... think of the IRS processing machine  as a long "pipeline" with "filters" in it ... some returns will slide straight thru with no stops.  Some returns will be filtered out for some kind of review (computer or human)  then put back in the pipeline where it may not get stopped again or it can get stopped several times. Each stop along the way can add more time to the journey and if the review requires a human interaction the time line just got longer. 

As for all the PATH returns ... they  were  stopped by a filter at the beginning of the pipeline and put in a "holding pool".  Once the 15th came they pushed those millions of  returns back in the pipeline for continued processing where some will now slide straight thru and some will be stopped by one or more filters.  They were not at the end of the process awaiting the 15th to release the DDD which is why it took a week to start getting DD Dates.  

SBBT is in different time zone so if it has went to the bank early it won’t show till later on today.

@Jeromym  if it doesn't show an amount being paid to a non IRS debt, you'll get the whole thing.  It happened to me last year, it was a great day. And I have my transcripts going back four years and whenever there is an offset amount, it's definitely listed with a 971 (notice sent) and an 898 (amount paid to non it's debt). I think you're safe!

Anybody get a WMR message thats says. "If you dont get your refund by Mar 2"..is that the ddd or is it 2/26 and 3/2 by the latest?? SOMEBODY HELP ME UNDERSTAND!

Anybody got pictures???

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies