turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

No one has permission to. This is my third year claiming them. 

Filed 1/27

Accepted 1/29

DDD 2/26

🤩😊

I have claimed them last two years without custody and mom's permission. I'm head of household.

@dewilson2023  I will submit a sacrifice to the Lord of Light on your behalf because the tax wait is dark and full of terrors. All you can really do is wait, I'm afraid. You can call to get more information maybe, but that won't accelerate things.

It's not about who has permission, if anyone else has their SSN and they apply first they would get the refund first .It sucks but it happens. Do you live with your mom too, if your nephew has a different address than you that may be a reason too . They could also just want to verify the information you put if you're not the legal guardian. It could be a lot of things . Hopefully if you're able to verify whatever they ask for then you won't have to waotwait too much longer .

What was the letters about, what information did you have to give and how did you get so fast when just updated today. Sorry if to much

I was supposed to get over $7,000 this year which is only a $1,000 more from Last year. I just don't get it. Mom's was set up to get new job, my vacation from my job next week. We need food, hotel rent, transportation we were about to be set, now screwed beyond belief. Was hoping to help my mom out and now we are going to be struggling to feed nephew and rent. 

I live with my mom, she's stressed and crying now. 

@dewilson2023 

Does your state have any emergency assistance programs? You may not qualify but if your mom has custody of your nephew she may. Have her apply for all she can. 

You can also call local churches and do some googling .Many places will offer temporary rent and bill-pay assistance. 

Call the IRS on Monday to get more information. They may not hold it for very long once they get the information they need .

My letters just mentioned verifying the info on my return, presumably for accuracy of reported wages. There was never any hold on my transcript however.

Cv3
Level 3

Wmr updated ddd 0226

Filed 2/ 3 accepted a few moments later and now I have a ddd of 2/26. So the name of the game is patience. Dont stress yourself filing early in Jan because none of that matters. You will not receive your refund until the end of Feb or the first week of March like the IRS has stated. Good luck everyone

Yeah, I'm never bothering with early filing ever again. It was less than useless doing so because of the anxiety it creates alone and apparently there are little, if any, advantages of doing so. I usually keep such explicit words in reserve, but there is no other way to put it: early filing is milarkey. 

My mom tried to get government assistance but they denied her saying Last job made her over limit. Even though she is not working now. But has new job lined up but doesn't start till April. We've also called churches and nothing. Food pantry says out of food. It just makes no sense this was our opportunity to make it. The message said IRS won't help till I receive that letter. I don't know what I'm going to do.

Is that what 151 is. A hold

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies