Re: 2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please. - Page 145

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

I don't know what that means. IRS gov no bars show just take action needed then that message. IRS to go says letter sent no bars. I am 23 claiming my nephew's and 3rd year doing so mom has custody. Living in hotel really wanted to help my family out. I have no kids and never been to college. 

DDD on 2/26.

😈👏🏽

Goood. Goood. All is going according to plan. Muhaha. Soon, I shall be able to commence Operation Frivolous Spending. And then I shall rule Amazon. I will be kind to my subjects. At first.

@dewilson2023 Any chance anyone else claimed him?

@dewilson2023 @Hopefully it’s nothing major but it may be that you are claiming your nephews that you don’t have custody of. My ex husband did that one year and his niece parents tried claiming them too. It was crazy but everything worked out in the end cause the parents didn’t have legal custody at the time. 

No one has permission to. This is my third year claiming them. 

Filed 1/27

Accepted 1/29

DDD 2/26

🤩😊

I have claimed them last two years without custody and mom's permission. I'm head of household.

@dewilson2023  I will submit a sacrifice to the Lord of Light on your behalf because the tax wait is dark and full of terrors. All you can really do is wait, I'm afraid. You can call to get more information maybe, but that won't accelerate things.

It's not about who has permission, if anyone else has their SSN and they apply first they would get the refund first .It sucks but it happens. Do you live with your mom too, if your nephew has a different address than you that may be a reason too . They could also just want to verify the information you put if you're not the legal guardian. It could be a lot of things . Hopefully if you're able to verify whatever they ask for then you won't have to waotwait too much longer .

What was the letters about, what information did you have to give and how did you get so fast when just updated today. Sorry if to much

I was supposed to get over $7,000 this year which is only a $1,000 more from Last year. I just don't get it. Mom's was set up to get new job, my vacation from my job next week. We need food, hotel rent, transportation we were about to be set, now screwed beyond belief. Was hoping to help my mom out and now we are going to be struggling to feed nephew and rent. 

I live with my mom, she's stressed and crying now. 

@dewilson2023 

Does your state have any emergency assistance programs? You may not qualify but if your mom has custody of your nephew she may. Have her apply for all she can. 

You can also call local churches and do some googling .Many places will offer temporary rent and bill-pay assistance. 

Call the IRS on Monday to get more information. They may not hold it for very long once they get the information they need .

My letters just mentioned verifying the info on my return, presumably for accuracy of reported wages. There was never any hold on my transcript however.

Wmr updated ddd 0226