turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

Has anyone whose return was accepted on or around the 2.16.20, have any changes in their WMR status or their transcript.

Did anyone else get a code 971 on their transcripts when it just updated? I have the 971 code and 570 code. But out to the side of the 570 code it says $0. So I am confused on what it means. Do they just randomly chose people to give the 971 code. 

@Jdawg2119  I strongly urge you to call the IRS for more details. If you’re not getting definitive answers from them, then call a Tax Advocate. This could be something minor or something that will hold your refund up for months. But, act on it ASAP.

@Lvlybrneyes37  Thanks. I’ll do that. Cuz it’s weird I’ve never gotten these codes before. And it’s definitely weird that I will be getting my state refund before my federal. I’m in NC. 

@Jdawg2119  The 570 is a hold or freeze on your return. And the 971 will be a notice sent to you explaining what the problem is so you can fix it.

@renee744  Thanks. 

@Jdawg2119  Very welcome! I’m in NC, as well. I’ve dealt with those codes for years now and there are several meanings for both codes. I’ve seen minor issues that were resolved in days, issues that resolve themselves, or issues that last all year. Here’s a link for Tax Advocate Services, just in case: https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate 

@Lvlybrneyes37  Thanks. What’s weird is next to both of the codes is $0. I’m praying that it resolves itself and it was a quick fix. 

@Jdawg2119  I hope it resolves itself, as well. Trust me, I know the feeling. Why me?!?! But, you will receive a letter very soon (971) explaining what happened. I hope it was something minor and all is well. Keep us updated and @ me if there’s anything I can help with.

Yes. With a ddd of 02/26

question: is it normal to receive state refund earlier than fed?? both accepted 29th and got states 14th. im in CA 

filed 26 accepted  27 1 depend college  cr I call irs this morning  I was told I was going to receive  a letter wich was basically  was to vi my identity. I'm personally  find kind odd been filling over 18 yrs never issues since the 15 still processing refund day will be notified 

@lesschz  Yes, I’m in MN and refunds were released a week before PATH lifted. 

Cv3
Level 3

@CDM92 I can't access mine either I don't have one of the matching loan criteria. So that's why I went ahead and called them and got some assurance. You got it Wednesday is right Round the corner 

@toriwright93 Ive had to fax in that form before and just call 2 to 3 days in to make sure they got it and its in your return. Then make sure you go back into processing. Took about a week longer for me to get the refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies