cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 4

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

Did anyone here fill state with Illinois? I'm just Wondering how long that might take. Thanks everyone.

Highlighted
Level 1

Ol

Highlighted
Level 5

@Cv3 

That's literally when I filed and was accepted .I don't have access to my transcripts but hopefully it'll be the same for me too and wmr will update tonight and relfect that. 

Highlighted
Level 3

Has anyone had to fax in 8962 form and if so how much longer will processing take once they get the information?

Highlighted
Level 3

Has anyone whose return was accepted on or around the 2.16.20, have any changes in their WMR status or their transcript.

Highlighted
Level 3

Did anyone else get a code 971 on their transcripts when it just updated? I have the 971 code and 570 code. But out to the side of the 570 code it says $0. So I am confused on what it means. Do they just randomly chose people to give the 971 code. 

Highlighted
Level 6

@Jdawg2119  I strongly urge you to call the IRS for more details. If you’re not getting definitive answers from them, then call a Tax Advocate. This could be something minor or something that will hold your refund up for months. But, act on it ASAP.

Highlighted
Level 3

@Lvlybrneyes37  Thanks. I’ll do that. Cuz it’s weird I’ve never gotten these codes before. And it’s definitely weird that I will be getting my state refund before my federal. I’m in NC. 

Highlighted
Level 4

@Jdawg2119  The 570 is a hold or freeze on your return. And the 971 will be a notice sent to you explaining what the problem is so you can fix it.

Highlighted
Level 3

@renee744  Thanks. 

Highlighted
Level 6

@Jdawg2119  Very welcome! I’m in NC, as well. I’ve dealt with those codes for years now and there are several meanings for both codes. I’ve seen minor issues that were resolved in days, issues that resolve themselves, or issues that last all year. Here’s a link for Tax Advocate Services, just in case: https://www.irs.gov/advocate/local-taxpayer-advocate 

Highlighted
Level 3

@Lvlybrneyes37  Thanks. What’s weird is next to both of the codes is $0. I’m praying that it resolves itself and it was a quick fix. 

Highlighted
Level 6

@Jdawg2119  I hope it resolves itself, as well. Trust me, I know the feeling. Why me?!?! But, you will receive a letter very soon (971) explaining what happened. I hope it was something minor and all is well. Keep us updated and @ me if there’s anything I can help with.

Highlighted
Level 2

Yes. With a ddd of 02/26

Highlighted
Level 2

question: is it normal to receive state refund earlier than fed?? both accepted 29th and got states 14th. im in CA