Re: 2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please. - Page 126

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

Hi! Can you possibly explain to me what a transcript is and, how I go about locating mine if available?  I filed with TT on 1/21, shows federal approved on 1/22...but irs site still shows “received and processing” with no progress bar or estimated ddd.

What if you don't have the tax topic 152? 
Mines says "We have received your tax return and it is being processed" 

Filed 1/22

Accepted 1/23 

I can't check my transcripts but I did called IRS yesterday and they told me everything was fine. Since I only received a letter from my state return I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting one from them as well.

@WmrQuestioner55 You can access the IRS transcript page here. A transcript is a summary of your tax return. You are looking for the 846 refund code which signifies that your taxes are done processing and your refund is on its way to you. You will have to click on the Account transcript to access this kind of information.

Also, you will need either a car loan, student loan, mortgage or credit card in order to see your transcripts. Without this information, you won't be able to view it online but you can order it by mail.

Cee2020 so STILL means ID Verification? I have not received any letter in the mail from the IRS. Should I call them?

Filed 02/03

Accepted 02/03

Ordered tax transcript 2/21

got code 846 with refund issued date of 2/26

also claiming EITC and ACTC

Where's my refund is still on Being processed

@huitt913  "still" could mean ID Verification. I had that last year and had to do that. But some say they had the "still" and everything was fine. So I would wait till tomorrow and see if wmr updates for you if you can't view your transcripts.

Mine updated with code 826 to pay off balance due so my refund was reduced which was expected but still no 846 and same 2020075 3/2, has anyone have experience with this? to know when i will receive the 846 code since they have taken what I owe.

As frustrating as this entire process is, it's best we keep the information we share strictly to facts or based on your own experiences. Being on Still Being Processed does not necessarily mean that you are under review, ID Verify or anything else people are posting here. It simply means the IRS can no longer guarantee that you will be processed within the 21 days like most filers. If you're able to see your transcripts, please check them! There was a mass update that begun last night. If you have an issue you will see a code(s) on them. Hope this helps! 

My transcript updated today and said refund issued 2/26/2020 and had the 846 code next to it. What do you guys suppose this means?

@renee744  okay thank you I guess I will wait till tomorrow and hope for the best. This is the first time I have ever seen my status look like that its also the LONGEST I have ever had to wait for my Federal. 

@Kevmex81  I filed on 1/31

Same here 

@Mkimble code 846 is your refund code! Congratulations. 

I have an 846 issue code for 2/26, but I also have an offset to be taken out but that code is not showing

@Jeromym  Your offset code usually updates in a week.