turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

Just call H&R Block and to see when I’m get my refund they said 2/22 thank god money on the way

@Shottamike23  when did you file?

@jennydamota i file 1/25 and accepted 1/27 but i check wmr and it’s still said we received your return and it is being processed look like I’m get my money before wmr update lol

@Shottamike23  yeah i always have mine before it updates the wmr most years i have no idea till its there or i see it in the santa Barbra bank website im gonna hope for the 22nd or at least next week im really crossing my fingers

Does anyone else  NOT have transcripts yet. I can login but there isn't anything for 2019!

@Hender778 when did you file? My return transcript didn't say anything until 2/14 and I filed and was accepted 1/27

Hi guys.

I filed 1/27

Accepted 1/29

Have both EIC and PATH credits.

Received the PATH msg. now I have "we have received your return it is being processed".

I had no fees taken out through TT so, it should be dd into my account.

I just called the irs to check on my refund and I was told that because of the PATH credit, returns were not being processed until the 18th with that credit. Refunds will be issued between the last week and first week of March, so now it's just a waiting game I guess. We just have to keep checking daily. 🙂

What I dont understand is ,why the irs waits until after the path act to work on our refunds? (Unless I'm misunderstanding) why dont they at least work on them prior so when the path act gets lifted they can issue us our refunds? I always thought the law just meant they can't give us our refunds until after. 

Congrats @Shottamike23 I honestly think they are working backwards with processing we know computers do most of the work so maybe after path lifted the computers just grabbed most recent and start working who knows for real but happy to see that somebody who’ve been in this group on the way to the  🏦 

I cant always find the post to reply to the full thread. But anyways. 

Filed 2/3 

Accepted 2/3

No path message, still 1 bar and topic 152, checked stbpg and still under expected amount. 

I was just reading thru a thread on FB and a bunch of people were approved today with a DDD of 2/24. I seen some people with an offset message on the wmr tool (didnt know they do that). Also had a coworker tell me that she was approved (last year) and they gave her a date and they took all of her refund and took about 200 from her paycheck. I've been checking the offset line each day to make sure I have nun and still no update on wmr. 

Call the offset line 1 eight hundred 304 thirty one oh seven 

I still can’t get in Sbbt. Still says account information invalid.

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold. According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so Where’s My Refund? remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? is only updated once daily, usually overnight, so you don’t need to check the status more often.

The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date

@Shottamike23  So Saturday? That’s the first I’ve ever heard of them doing a deposit on the weekend, it’s so weird this year. Is it already pending and they’re just holding it ? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies