turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@jennydamota You can see your processing date on your tax transcripts. It will have your cycle on there and then a date also.

Same here I have same dates as you and still processing.

ahh ok that sucks i have nothing they want to verify its me i ordered them to my home address but thats all i could do >.<

@jennydamota maybe you will see something on them when they come in the mail. When did you file?

1/27 accepted 1/29

As of today Wednesday the 19th. Mines is still saying processing.

I went to check my transcripts and saw codes 150,806,766. It says w2 withholding on april 15,2020. And credit to your account april 15th 2020. Does that mean thats when im getting my refund?? Helpppp

You need to call the irs

@Acorley12  

Those are eic, acts tax credit codes. 

Codes you dont want to see are Tc 570 or 896. Those are hard freeze codes.  You should be fine.

Is it possible to receive a letter without a error code on your transcript?

Mine too 

Lmao,no way is that good

@ashleyr409  you will see a code on your transcripts prior to receiving the letter.

I had to file an 8862 this year for my EIC. I checked my transcript and I have the normal codes, but also a 810, 811 (refund freeze, and removed refund freeze), and a 420 (examination of tax return). Are those normal codes in regards to having to file an 8862? 

Also - 

If you were showing Tax Topic 152 simply means your return is still in the processing stage and topics and bars disappearing mean the process is moving along.

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

The IRS started processing returns later than in prior years and as such has a backlog to work through. They also just recently started processing returns claiming EIC and/or ACTC.

During processing, the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts.

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent.  At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies