turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

I filed January 11th, Accepted January 28th. TT est date was 2/17, IRS WMR status is stating my refund is being processed, no DDD. Hoping it comes this week, veryyyy frustrating.

@kmiller122000  I filed 1/11 too but rule of thumb we never go by TT estimate date because of PATH act ! Unfortunately but my best guess would be next week to not gets hopes up about getting it this week... since the IRS seems to want o do shxt on their own schedule 

I’m hoping this helps ease some minds, even though it’s hard to say anything for sure. BUT, I just looked at my refund for 2018 and I was the same cycle code as I am this year with a DDD of 02/22 (as listed on my transcripts). I received my refund on 02/21 which was the Wednesday night following Presidents’ Day. PATH laws were in effect then and Presidents’ Day was 02/19 that year. Hoping for an update tonight with a possible DDD of tomorrow night. I won’t hold my breathe, but here’s hoping 🤞🏻 

@trishc7380  Thank you! I was unsure why some people were having their refund issues through SB but the fee thing makes sense. Thanks again 

Sorry ... but the PATH act is here to stay and if you are affected then there is nothing you can do about it except plan to wait for your refund until the first week of March ... they will no longer be issued in January. 

Even though the IRS had a couple of successful test batches pulled before the official opening date of 1/27 the processing didn't start for PATH act returns until just this last Sat on 2/15 and the IRS put a notice on their web site that PATH returns will not be getting a DDD until the 22nd or later and not to expect the refunds to be DD until the first week of March.  So far they are staying on track to meet these dates ... thus patience will be needed while they process the millions of PATH returns that have piled up.

From the IRS : 

How quickly will I get my refund?
We issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days.

I’m counting on my refund for something important. Can I expect to receive it in 21 days?
Many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after we receive your return. Even though we issue most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your refund may take longer. Also, remember to take into consideration the time it takes for your financial institution to post the refund to your account or for you to receive it by mail.

It's been longer than 21 days since the IRS received my return and I haven’t gotten my refund. Why?
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general

We will contact you by mail when we need more information to process your return.

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?
According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15. 

Will calling you help me get my refund any faster?
No. Our phone and walk-in representatives can only research the status of your refund 21 days after you filed electronically; 6 weeks after you mailed your paper return; or if Where’s My Refund? directs you to contact us.

What information does Where’s My Refund? have?
It has information on the most recent tax year refund we have on file for you.

When can I start checking Where’s My Refund? for my refund’s status?
24 hours after we’ve received your electronically filed tax return or 4 weeks after you’ve mailed a paper tax return.

Will Where’s My Refund? show me when I’ll receive my refund?
Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date after we process your return and approve your refund.

Will ordering a transcript help me find out when I’ll get my refund?
A tax transcript will not help you find out when you’ll get your refund. The information transcripts have about your account does not necessarily reflect the amount or timing of your refund. They are best used to validate past income and tax filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications, and to help with tax preparation.

@trishc7380 Yesssss I know drag their butt that’s all they do. Like help us out give us dates and not the same kaka we can find online with the same long drawn out answer with all the uncertainty!!! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

I would not say the IRS is sitting on their butts doing nothing ... they have to process more than 150 million returns each year and the majority come in by 4/15 ... so if they only have 67 days to process them they have to clear more than 1.8 million returns a day ... and due to budget cuts and  hiring freezes they have to do more with less ... so they deserve our patience  not criticism. 

@Alleyboulay1997 

Code 922 on a transcript is a "review of unreported income". It most likely means there was some type of income in the past that you did not report on your tax return

@Critter  Wasn’t saying they weren’t doing anything I’m not here for a bashing session I called IRS and tried to help others I hope you have a better day today! 

I have the same cycle code but have no idea what it means?

@Critter  i dont understand why get smart with people expressing their feelings and asking questions which this thread is for if you don't want to see complaints then leave the thread 

My girlfriend filed early in January. She claimed the EIC and the child tax credits. Her federal refund was deposited the last week of January. Some people got them fairly quickly which is kind of odd.

Look @Critter  you were on the other thread being passive aggressive and telling us how you resented people who get these credits SO AGAIN why are you even here

people are allowed to vent and be irritated and WITH someone from the irs TELLING someone that they just started processing them when they have had from 1/27 to start YES they’re dragging feet. 

please for the love of God GO AWAY like I said before you don’t work for turbo tax so WHY ARE YOU sooooooo pressed to press your opinion to people when your not even apart of PATH or EITC OR ACTC???? Go awayyyyyyyyyy and bother another thread 😒🙄

Anyone's TT acting strange? I coulda swore I saw a estimated refund date of 2/27 for a second then it switched back to my return accepted date. Also the blue line is sometimes at the halfway mark and sometimes it is full. 

@Andreamunoz002 i haven’t noticed but I’ll look 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies