turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

I’ve been trying to get onto the Santa Barbara bank website for hours now and it still keeps giving me an error message, this is stressful lol. But I’m beginning to wonder if I’m gonna receive my tax return in a timely manner at all. I know this thread is dedicated to PATH Act (I’ve been on here 24/7 and would’ve lost my sanity without you guys 😂) but does anyone have any knowledge with code 922? I know it’s review of unreported income, but it just popped up on my 2018 tax transcript with a date of 2/18/20 which is today and I’m so confused

I know it's a long shot but try logging in with an incognito page. 

I was getting error last night and this morning when I was able to login my amount was still in expected...but they hadn't opened up yet either so IDK but I'd like to hope that errors with login in means that an update is processing or on way, this is there first business day since holiday and I bet there in overload with refund processing. As we are getting more impatient bc it's after Feb. 15th LOL

Ugh i just want someone to get their money so its like a light at the end of the tunnel.  I just want to see movement lol

I owe NJ state for the first time in my life.

No health insurance.  :'(

I'll make sure to send them their "refund" at the last possible second.

@Vj12 hey  so it me and you I guess. Still just accepted on mine too. No path no change since 2-1. I did get a letter saying I had to verify my Illinois state taxes over 12 dollars what a joke. They have done that to me 3 years in a row. My sad ass state is so broke.

I don’t know how true this is, so don’t quote me on it. But I just read this somewhere.

”When IRS or state tax funding has been received, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group will release check print authorizations and direct deposit disbursement records beginning at 2:30 PM Pacific time.”

I broke down and called IRS. I got a really nice guy on the phone that took my info out me on hold to look into my return since it’s been over the 21 days acceptance on 1/27 and path message then still processing message back and forth for a week now. I claim dependents but my brother on the other hand is single no dependents having the same issues. The man with IRS informed me that with the extra tax credit under the PATH Act They are being advised we should see movement by next week and first week of March. Still no end in sight but that’s what I was told. 

Man I HOPE thats a general Statement, they made to say.... This is a bit upsetting. 2018 I received it 2/22,in 2019 got it 2/27. And We was TOLD it was due to government ShutDown... What the heck!

Just another update I logged into Santa Barbara and they don’t have refund . Cycle code 20200705 

The sbtpg site has lots of good info ... but the direct deposit to your bank from them is only the first step ... your bank must also acknowledge the transfer which may take a day or 2 ... this is a normal banking SOP ... check with your bank to see when they usually acknowledge the DD.  

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084467-How-long-does-it-take-to-get-my-refund-

1.png

@ashleea1405  Next week or the first week of March 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Sorry if this is a dumb question: but what determines if your refund goes through Santa Barbara? We use Turbo Tax but I don’t remember ever seeing anything on my DD that lists Santa Barbara in the deposit description. It always just says Fed benefit:REFUND or something if that sort. We use the military edition of Turbo Tax so we don’t have any fees. Do you only go through Santa Barbara Bank if your TT fees are taken out of your return? 

It will go through Santa Barbara if you have funds coming out to pay turbo tax for filing 

I guess I’m really just frustrated at this point BECAUSE the whole point of the DELAY with PATH act is for the IRS to process our returns and have extra time to do so. Not sit there and WAIT until it lifts to do anything about it? And now basically people who need it the most have to wait. I was really hoping (because I filed extra early) we would have some DDD this week. 😑 

but from what I’m hearing from people who called is that they basically drug their a s s and waited til last minute to start even ACTUALLY looking into them 🙄😑😒

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies