2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

My WMR has not changed since feb1st the day it was accepted. I have not had a path message just " we have recieved your tax refund and it is being processed.... anyone else? Do you think that its bad? I'm freaking out because I really need this money to move back home with my wife and kids.

Fingers crossed that they update the system tonight into tomorrow morning for Early filer DDD this week 

Filed 1.26.2020 using turbotax 

1 bar on where's my refund 

Until 2.14.20

Still path act message as of today 2.16

Eitc pather

Hello.

Taxes were filed 1/23/19, accepted the same day by 3pm.

WMR showed my return was received, with the 152 tax topic link below, it remained this way until the week of 2/7/20, where it changed to no bars and stating "We have recieved your return and it is STILL being processed."

Stayed that way until 2/15/20, where the bars were still missing, but this time I had the PATH message due to ACTC.

Now, 2/16/20 it has changed yet again to "We have received your return and it IS being processed.

Cycle code is 20200705 with credits to account. 

Every year before this tax season, the cycle code always aligned with the deposit date, less one day.

So for example last year, my cycle code was 20190605, with my refund being issued on 2/15/2019, which is the Wednesday before the cycle code date because '05 means your return is weekly based and would be processed on Thursdays. 

Anyway, if you filed with Turbo Tax, and paid for your taxes through TT directly from your refund, go to www.sbtpg.com, click on "For Taxpayers" option, enter your info, and you will know if the funds were sent from the Fed because this "bank" is who is responsible for debiting the cost of your tax filing through TT from your refund. I say this because WMR does not always update properly. Some years it stays on "Return approved" when I already received my return via DD.

With that being said, with my cycle code being 20200705, I should be receiving my refund this Wednesday, 2/19/20.

Good luck to you all, I hope this helps clarify some things.

What is your cycle code?

Hey very helpful info. I have no idea when my cycle code is but my status say being processed and on sbbt site the amount is there and says federal refund but expected as well. No DDD on WMR. When do u think I will get my deposit? Filed and approved 1/27. 

@ans what is your processing date on your transcripts? I have the same cycle 20200705 and a processing date of 3/2.

I think that racist thing by the username of Spirit51 got banned. I don't know why it took the moderators so long to get rid of the negativity.

@shondapenny 

Create a tax account on IRS.gov, click "Get transcript", it will ask for a reason that you need it, I scroll to the bottom of the options and select "Other"

On your transcript for 2019, you will see a cycle code. 

To decipher the code, the "2020" is the year, the next two numbers are the week of the tax season, this week is the 7th week. The last two numbers indicate whether you are a weekly or daily updater. Weekly is only classified with "05" while all other numbers indicate that a person's cycle code is daily. These two types of cycles update on different sequences. Weeklys update on Saturday, with refunds issued Wednesday. 

@renee744  my processing date is the same as yours!

But to add to that, the processing date is a date that the system sets so that your return isn't "put on the back burner". Basically, it's a date that the system will remind IRS that an action needs to be taken with your return. 

So I will not need a loan or credit card acct to access it that way?

@shondapenny  no, it is YOUR tax information. It is free. 

@shondapenny to verify your identity to get an irs account you will need account numbers for student loan, last 8 digits of credit card, auto loan account number ect... I have non of those things so I cant get get an account to get a transcript.😤

That's the issue I ran into...no credit card nor student loan acct number...the only loans I have are federal loans and the acct number that's on my 1098 doesn't work... I have no other accts

@shondapenny @What is abby site