turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

Same here, checked the status and bar gone and no other update.

I saw this. WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

Vj12
Level 3

Hi what if I dont have a path message. You think I have a problem? I'm just worried. Plus how do I check my transcript?

Vj12
Level 3

Thanks I'm worried bc it's my first year using TT. 

@Vj12 I'm in the same boat I filed and got accepted on Feb 1st and nothing has changed since. It still says accepted with 1 bar. Your not alone and I'm worried too.

What would the path message say? Cause I don't see that or haven't received it.

Vj12
Level 3

@Ewd0614 I filed 1/30 and nothing too just accepted. No Path message or anything new. 

A little humor I thought I should share plus info

There will also be a huge update tonite!! Yes Tonite…in the Morning check it Again and see don’t it change!!!
Weekly Folks don’t update Friday or Saturdays.
But on Sundays.. weird right!!!
Dailys can Update any day of the week.
There will be alot of Dates Officially saying 20th and 21st for alot of people. And again starting 25th with DDD dates.
**That Sweet new car still going to be on the car lot for you.
**That deposit on a new home still awaits, get your moving date ready.
** amazon cart still have your items in it.
** salon’s not booked yet, they need u.
** joe the mechanic will still beat the dealer prices for you
** Hang in there folks

Same here.

Vj12
Level 3

@bbrj73 I'm not sure, I dont even know how to look up transcripts.... Could anyone help us please.

Go on IRS.gov and it'll prompt you to either view the transcript on line or get it mailed. It should mention something about transcript though.

Vj12
Level 3

@Jazzy89 will there really be a huge update or u joking? You forgot to mention that vacation u need to pay for still awaits on the booking site haha....

@Vj12 no I'm serious my sister sent it to me she works for the irs. I hate to ask her question because she cant pull my file anyway..

It says this ....

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue refunds before mid-February for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit. This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits. Check Where's My Refund in mid- to late February for your personalized refund status. It's updated once a day and remains the best way to check the status of your refund.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
Tax Topic 152, Refund Information

Please Note: For refund information, please continue to check here, or visit the Refunds page on IRS.gov. Updates to refund status are made no more than once a day.

I filed and was accepted on 1/27 with the additional child tax credit only. My PATH message just showed up last night.  If you go to the IRS website there will be a series of boxes with different options on them. One will say get your tax record, click on that one and see if your 2019 tax return info has filed yet. Mine just showed up yesterday. Good luck 🍀 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies