turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2020 Path Act: Post your updates here, please.

@ericka9491  Exactly!!! That's the reason we have to play these guessing games you just never know with them.

Correct

Only thing I'm worried about slowing mine down is I mixed up 2 numbers when . I reported dependent care credit causing a 400 more difference and left out a 1099r I had no idea was coming for 110.78 dollars. Old 401k I had that they closed and apparently sent me a check that I never got so it was a taxable gross distribution. Again 110 dollars is nothing but all that caused a 187.00 difference so I'll have to amend mine soon as I can. I'm sure such a small amount wont bother the irs. I missed a 1099r before for 2500.00 and still was fine that I amended but you never know with them folks.

Filed 1/19 accepted 1/27 still on first bar and is showing topic 152 and ive had no other updates. 

Filed: 1/27

accepted: 1/27

EITC

Tax topic 152

2/14 still sitting at one bar.... 🤔

@caron1981 I missed my 1099-R also. I honestly forgot I got money from my 401K at my previous job. It was my first time getting money from an 401k account. So, i have to do an amendment as well it came so late though. I don't think that should affect your return. We should be able to just amend those forms after we get our return. I' asked this question about my 1098-T.

@BB2019 You know there's a number you can call that will tell you your offsets. Unless you've already called. It's (800) 304-3107. I hope it helps

@AjB2216  Me EITHER!! Have you updated to the path in the previous years.

@adw89. No I have never gotten the PATH message before 

@Jaswiththeplan Me to girl!!! I'm happy to say we are not alone. In the previous years have you updated to the PATH message.

@AjB2216  So, you were always stuck with one bar, until the PATH lifted/updated ?

I usually always update to the path message but I don't recall how long it takes for that to happen. I haven't had it yet this year but I'm assuming that's the next update I'll see at some point next week possibly.

@adw89and @Jaswiththeplan I dont think that the folks who have one bar with topic 152 is necessarily any different from getting the path message. If the Path message doesnt pop up we would all still have the being processed message. I know some of my friends who never Updated to path and they just processed like usual and then got the 2nd bar. i dont think it makes a difference. its just one of those things that the IRS is inconsistent with

@ericka9491  Girl, you are absolutely right !! We all fall under the PATH ACT. Reason I'm so worried is because in the past tax seasons I have had the message. But, then again as you said its just an inconsistency from the IRS..

I found you guys!!! 

filed 1/31 

accepted 1/31 

Updated to PATH on 2/8

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies