turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Eitc/Actc pathers only 2018 tax year

The day after President's day is supposed to be the busiest so therefore they aren't going to answer you.

Can someone help?

If my transcripts aren’t available, does it mean that they haven’t started processing my returns yet?

I finally got through to a human, said I was calling to talk to a live person because it was over 21 days and my status only said "Is being processed".  She said please hold, and then transferred me to the automated system to check my refund status.  MORON

That sucks.

Site like that keep claiming that refund are a bit smaller, sure some are, but they fail to mention the fact that some are smaller because people were getting more back on their paychecks each month! That's only reporting half the facts, but that's what we are used to these days always right? But other people are getting smaller returns because they didn't adjust their withholdings, something the irs recommends you do every year and this year sent memos out to employers to tell workers to adjust. If people would have done that there would be far less confusion and far less people thinking TCJA has screwed them over. The child credit doubled, tax brackets were increased so you can make more before going into a higher bracket, standard deductions doubled, most of the tax laws were good laws. The only people it should have really effected was high income families, and then some random people here and there with more difficult tax situations. But the majority lower to middle class should have benefited from it if they had adjusted withholdings.

I think what most people said was that it wasn't true for EVERYONE that had been on path because some people had already gotten their DDD of the 22nd. So it's not that the irs is making everyone wait until the 27th, it seems like they've just done the early filers in batches which is BS. They should at least do the early filers first and not put someone that files in February ahead of someone who filed in January. But if I remember correctly that's what I had said about it.

I just read this

The W.M.R data system went down on 2/15 and the entire W.M.R system is backlogged. So let me clarify what a few people are asking. If your status is "We have received your tax return and it is being processed.", this means your return in the W.M.R data system and is queued to be updated in the W.M.R data system. This issue does not delay any refund you are expecting, it is strictly an issue with the system. Please be patient! I have no answers about anything other than this issue. Sorry!

Yeah the first yeat i filed before the irs opened i had my info, i was held up sooooo long. Last year i waited until like feb 18th to file and got mine end of feb  this year i filed early feb, ive got my transcripts, my account shows bo adjustments and my accounf is credited in the right amount but no ddd yet. Next year im gonna wait until feb 17th ot 18th again and see if that works again lol.. almost like early filiers get piled on top of, so we get stuck at the bottom.

@NavyWifey2006 Thank you for clearing that up, I don't know much about PATH, just the little bit I've researched it but this is the first year I've filed early and had to deal with it. I agree it sucks but it's necessary like you said. We can gripe and moan to make us feel better and vent about it all but no one is being targeted by the irs and being made to wait on path, it's most of us and just something we have to deal with. I think they should have taken people as they filed and that sucks but hopefully things will get moving soon.

Thank u for info .
Was you able to speak to live rep?

I see. U read it. Sorry lol

So question if its saying processing and it's back logged then will we get ours when others do?

That is the way I’m taking it. It’s saying it’s backlogged and some got their ddd 2/22 some still have being processed and meaning that most that have that may just have the ddd of 2/22

My mother in law received her refund into her bank account this morning. She also claimed the EITC....

When did she file and get accepted?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies