turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Eitc/Actc pathers only 2018 tax year

I'm with you, Mommyof3

When do they lift the hold? And will our status update on a Thursday?

Filed and accepted same day 2/3
Changed on Sunday to PATH AMOUNT GONE NO BARS and worse
Is it’s still on the path exactly the same since QUESTION *******

Is TODAY the update day where returns and return dates can be issued tomorrow??????????

PATHERS IVE READ DIFFERENT THINGS ANYONE KNOW TRUTH IS OVERNIGHT TONIGHT THE UPDATE?

Lil info I found

Congress passed a law last year that requires the IRS to HOLD all tax refunds that include the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15, 2019, regardless of how early the tax return was filed. So, if you file on the first day, you might still be waiting until February 15 for your refund.

The IRS released a note last year that people held up by this delay shouldn't expect their refunds until the week of February 25, assuming there are no other problems with the tax returns. You can read this press release here.

​The goal of this is to cut down on fraud and give the IRS time to ensure no duplicate returns are filed. The trouble is, the IRS will hold your entire tax refund, not just the EITC or ACTC part.

Hope this is true.
Gators86

I see a lot of people saying TurboTax is giving estimated DDD, I don’t see one for mine but I filed mine at 107am EST Jan. 19th. According to TurboTax, it was received by the IRS at 118pm EST Jan. 22nd & accepted by the IRS at 318pm EST Jan. 22nd. I woke up one morning after Jan. 22nd to check the mobile IRS2GO app for my refund status & it had the PATH message. Last year, I got my refund 2 days after Presidents Day. I have the tax credits & I’m hoping mine will be deposited tomorrow or the weekend but I know the weekend is very likely. Since President’s Day is Monday the 18th I know we won’t get any deposits so if it’s not in the bank account by tomorrow then hopefully it will be in my account by mid next week...fingers crossed that the message saying mid-Feb. (tomorrow the 15th) will be a good day for a lot of people!!! I really hope it won’t take until Feb. 27th!!!

I filed and accepted around the 1st of February had the bar for about a week now the bars are gone and i have just a written message saying " your return is being processed, a refund date will be provided when available" anyone else have that message?

Filed and accepted on Jan 22nd with eitc and actc. I have the same message telling me to check back mid to late Feb for updated info

State accepted Jan 28
received it Feb 01
Federal accepted 18
Code 152...since day 1
Hopefully get them tomorrow. 2/15

They do deposits on Tuesday and Thursday. Look for your deposits on 2/19 and 2/21 everyone

Praying for those to get their on these days for sure I know we all need it badly

NADA... anyone else get anything different? Mine still says same 152

No change other than sometimes the refund amount is shown and sometimes it isn't.

Oddly though since it changed to the PATH message yesterday they've only let me check with my credentials once a day. I check when I first wake up and if I try to check again after that it tells me I've exhausted my allowed times of checking. Doesn't do that with my wife's credentials though.

That’s werid I can check 3 or four times no problem I usually don’t though cause it’s not gonna change seems like I never had to be on Path before and I don’t like it too well. I’m getting to the point I of giving up cause I don’t see getting my money soon too many people say so much different things

I have a feeling if we don’t see something by tomorrow morning (sat mornings they change)( at least mine do on Saturday’s) then I think by Wednesday hah hoping
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies