turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2019 Eitc/Actc pathers only 2018 tax year

Same here.

Mine said the same thing.  I never waited this long.  Mine was accepted on the 28th of January and now there is no status bar or anything.

I have the PATH ACT message, too. I filed on the 16th of January, and ive never had any bars, just the message. I'm trying to avoid stalking WMR, to make sure I don't get locked out every day. But as of today, no change.

What do you mean by getting locked out of the WMR site? They say on the site that it changes every day so checking once a day won’t lock you out. It usually changes in the evening.

Well, OBVIOUSLY, checking once a day won't lock you out. We all already know that. But if you check it too much in one day, it will.

Not at all.  Mine is still there as well.

Yes it will tell you you're only limited to a certain amount of times you can check it.

So my Federal was accepted on the 22nd, and my DDD(per turbotax website) was estimated for today(the 12th)….definitely no deposit today and no change to WMR...…..Im tellin you guys, last year the IRS website said not to expect it til "at least" the 15th, and a ton of ppl got theirs THAT DAY. But now with all the new fraudulent protection bs, it literally says on the website that under federal law they have to hold them until the 26th. I am betting it will be another 2 weeks based off of past experiences.

I think a lot people will be getting their once the path is lifted starting 16th tons of people will see refunds hit cause IRS processes many of them and holds till after the 15th so it’s hard saying what dates for each individual cause I know they put the later date as their cushion window to avoid panic which doesn’t work cause people call the irs non stop just to be told what they already know lol I would hate to know what IRS employees go through lol

I have a PATH notice since 02/08/19, 

I wish I could remember what mine did last year. All I have is that I filed on the 31st and my refund was deposited on the 15th. I can't remember what WMR did in terms of updates.

This year I filed/accepted on the 4th, but it hasn't updated to anything other than the 1st bar and saying most refunds are issued within 21 days if all is correct blah blah blah.

And I will reiterate again, it says they can't legally issue refunds UNTIL THE 15TH, not the end of the month. It says that you may not see them until the end of the month because you know they're the government, but you can also possibly see them the 15th.

Actually I just thought of a perfect example comparing the not released until 15th but don't expect until end of February statement people are seeing.

I work for a city government and issue permits. Our official policy and what is written on the application is turn around is 10 - 14 business days. It says 10 - 14 business days so that someone isn't beating down the door to get their permit right after they submit it. Truth be told 90% of the permits we have we can issue in less than 5 minutes. But we also get busy and have stacks to work through. If we didn't have a written time frame then when someone checks on it 5 minutes after they submit it, we wouldn't have anything in place to "protect" ourselves from peoples demands.

Same with these tax refunds. They can start issuing the 15th, but say don't expect until the end of February. What does that mean? It means it could very well show up in your account the 15th, but just in case don't expect it until the end of the month. If it comes the 15th congrats you win! If it comes later well then it was within the time frame we gave you.

Mjp
Level 3

Filed 1/30
Accepted 1/30
Went from 1 bar
Path message on 2/9
Estimate on turbo tax is 2/20
Does anyone know when they will release funds this year?

I looked at my info from last year... don’t remember the exact date I filed, but it was the end of January, had the pathact message until Feb 17th and received my deposit on the 22nd.... also got my state on the 15th which both days were on a Thursday hopefully it’s about the same this year

Still path act message praying it’s complete and ready to refund when the lift occurs
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies