turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1095-A recieved after filing

Hi all, 

I filed our taxes in February, not knowing we had a form 1095-A (we moved in January and did not receive the form until this week from our mail being messed up from the move).  The coverage was only for January and February of 2019.  Long story made short in 2018 health market place told us we were denied coverage, when we actually had not been denied and received care for the entire year without even realizing it until March of 2019 (when we cancelled).  We had this same problem last year due to not realizing we had coverage, but did not find out until our tax return was rejected by the IRS later in the year.  My tax return has not been accepted or rejected, it is still pending.  Is there anything I can do to get this form added?  Or will I need to wait until the return is accepted or rejected and then amend the return?

Thanks!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

You will need to wait until your return is either accepted or rejected.

If accepted, do not amend your return.  You will need to revisit your return to add your 1095-A information to generate a Form 8962.  You will then mail this to the IRS.  Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions:  The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019 - Community

If your return is rejected, you can revisit your return to make the necessary corrections.  At this time you can add your 1095-A information and re-file your return.  How do I fix a rejected return? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

You will need to wait until your return is either accepted or rejected.

If accepted, do not amend your return.  You will need to revisit your return to add your 1095-A information to generate a Form 8962.  You will then mail this to the IRS.  Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions:  The IRS is requesting Form 8962 for 2019 - Community

If your return is rejected, you can revisit your return to make the necessary corrections.  At this time you can add your 1095-A information and re-file your return.  How do I fix a rejected return? - Community

I followed all instructions but 8962 will not update. I added 1095a and uploaded it. The message says "needs revisited". I correct it, the program deletes it, over and over. I already received letter from IRS to send 8962 but no matter what I do this program will not add info. and correct form.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Did you try the add state workaround that was in the instructions? Are you using TurboTax Online or CD/Download?

Please, try refreshing your screen, then try clearing your browser's cache. Then log out and log back into TurboTax. You can also try using a different browser.  

The following help article will show you how to clear your cache and delete your cookies.     

This link will show you how to delete your cookies.  

This link will help you clear your cache.     

How to clear your cache - Community    

If you still have issues, please contact customer support below.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies