• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjmaimone

Previous years we got tax history reports and two year comparisons as part of downloaded files. Does that still exist on 2017 printed returns?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Previous years we got tax history reports and two year comparisons as part of downloaded files. Does that still exist on 2017 printed returns?

Yes, but you need to go back into your return and download the file a different way.

• Log into your account, scroll down a bit and select, 'add a state'. You aren't really adding a state, just opening up the return.
  • Select Tax Tools, Print Center on the left.
  • Select print, save or preview this year's return.
  • Select the 2017 federal return, then select 'Include government and TurboTax worksheets'.

Scroll the pdf. You'll see the 5 year history first. Keep scrolling to find the 2-year comparison before the Tax Summary page.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

5 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

Yes, but you need to go back into your return and download the file a different way.

• Log into your account, scroll down a bit and select, 'add a state'. You aren't really adding a state, just opening up the return.
  • Select Tax Tools, Print Center on the left.
  • Select print, save or preview this year's return.
  • Select the 2017 federal return, then select 'Include government and TurboTax worksheets'.

Scroll the pdf. You'll see the 5 year history first. Keep scrolling to find the 2-year comparison before the Tax Summary page.

BobF26

Thank you for this answer! I would have never found this otherwise. I only found this by googling "turbotax compare previous years". Should've been an easier (more obvious) way. 😕
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

You are welcome 🙂 I wish it was easier too.
georgia-larry

Thanks as well.  I looked for 10 minutes before I googled  and found your suggestion.
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

You are welcome 🙂 It's a good idea to save with all the worksheets every year. You will have everything you need at your disposal that way. Also save to a thumb drive should something happen to your computer.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v