turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed on 2/9/2018. I received my State refund back but not my Federal refund. it has never taken this long. IRS site says its received and pending. Is this normal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

I filed on 2/9/2018. I received my State refund back but not my Federal refund. it has never taken this long. IRS site says its received and pending. Is this normal?

This is completely normal. Your federal refund comes from the IRS treasury department while your state refund will come from your state treasury department. They generally come at separate times.

We know you'd like your refund as fast as possible, but we have no control over how fast the IRS or your state returns your money to you. We're unable to track down, research, or expedite your refund, because those actions are only done by the government--you'll have to contact the IRS or your state tax office for help.

The IRS releases most refunds within 21 calendar days after the e-file has been accepted (received), not 21 days from the e-filing date. If the return has been processing for more than 21 days you can call the IRS.

Call the IRS:  1-800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS don’t choose the first option "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.  

So after first choosing your language, then do not choose Option 1 (refund info).  Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 4 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

Or you can contact your local IRS office.  See this IRS website for local IRS offices - http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-Your-Local-IRS-Office-1

If you still haven't received your refund or your refund is less than you expected , it's  possible you may have a Refund Offset.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I received my tax  refund from IRS but is been more then 30 days and I did not received from the State...

Please ,  what can I do to confirm the State  did not sent  my return yet, is it possible that  some scan  was involved ?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies