122018aep

over charged and filed incorrectly how can I get this fixed

Overcharged for what?

How to fix what?

This is not a chat room but a message board forum.  You have to completely describe your problem before someone can help you.

Cvann16

Why was I charged by Turbo two fees, one for federal and one for state filling? I should be charged only $60 and not $110.  I will stop filling with Turbo if this is not resolved.  Please tell me why I was charged this amount. Thank you.

chelsea

mesquitebean

@ Cvann16 wrote:

chelsea

Did you use Online Deluxe and prepared a state return?    All Online TurboTax paid editions have a preparation fee for the state return.   In Deluxe Edition, the Federal return preparation is $60, and a state return preparation is $50.   Fees are for return preparation.  Efiling in online editions is free.

Sorry you must have used the Deluxe version which is $60.  In all the paid versions Deluxe and higher the state is a separate $50.  Did you do a state return?  See the Online prices here, click on State Additional under the $60

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/ 

Cvann16

I never asked for a deluxe version since I only have one income plus student loan interest. I feel like the program tricked me to get away from a free filling or a lower cost

97DevinPa

I was charged $60 to file when it should have been Free. I repeatedly went over the amounts and details to make sure I was entering items correctly. We are both retired (74 & 75 yr old) seniors with no jobs since we retired at age 62. Our only deductions are Doug's retirement pension and my retirement pension + an ending deferred comp acct. (Vantage Point))  and the deferred comp. company (Nationwide Trust) that replace it +social security. Doug is a retired Postal worker and doesn't get social security. PERIOD.

We didn't have enough write offs (medical, donations, etc.) to justify any payment option other than FREE yet we were charged $60. I've been doing our taxes thru TurboTax for years with no hassles but this year your info is confusing, and your payment charged ridiculous. I'm probably  not the only person having the same problems. $60 to you is just a drop in the bucket but is groceries to us. Judy Cole

mesquitebean

@97DevinPa wrote:

I was charged $60 to file when it should have been Free.

Sorry you had an unexpected charge.  This is mainly a user community forum, but I will tell you how to reach Customer Support below, if necessary.

Free Edition is for very simple returns that don't require any of Schedules 1-3.   If one of those 3 schedules is required for certain credits, deductions, or income, an upgrade to Deluxe is necessary.   Here are some common reasons that an upgrade to Deluxe is necessary:

FAQ:  Why do I have to upgrade from Free Edition?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/upgrading/help/why-do-i-have-to-upgrade-from-free-edition/00/26379

If you have no form or circumstance in your return that would require Deluxe, you can phone TurboTax Support and tell them you were upgraded without apparent reason.  I don't know what they will do.    It would have been best to ask them about any fees prior to paying.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or you can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact