turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ms-faniya

I did my tax refund on April 2. But I still didn't get it. You told me guys my taxes ready to mail, but I didn't get. I wait your help please

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I did my tax refund on April 2. But I still didn't get it. You told me guys my taxes ready to mail, but I didn't get. I wait your help please

TurboTax does not mail your return for you.  You have to print it, sign it, and mail it yourself.  When you mail a tax return, you need to sign it on the bottom of the page where it says "Sign Here" and write in the date you signed it by the word "Date".  Attach copies of your W-2 and any other documents that show taxes withheld to the left side of the papers where it says "Attach Forms..."

When you print your return, it will print with filing instructions that tell you where to mail it.

It is not required, but is a good idea, to use a mailing service that will track your return or provide you with a receipt showing that the IRS got it--such as Fedex, UPS, or certified mail.

It will take about 4 weeks and then you can track the status of your return at the IRS website. https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

Because you have now missed the filing deadlines and you cannot e-file, you need to purchase and download the desktop software to finish and then print your 2016 return.  If you did already pay your TurboTax fees you can contact customer support to push a download of the software to your account. 

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available Monday-Friday from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time. 

To finish a prior year return started in TT online: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

8 Replies

TurboTax does not mail your return for you.  You have to print it, sign it, and mail it yourself.  When you mail a tax return, you need to sign it on the bottom of the page where it says "Sign Here" and write in the date you signed it by the word "Date".  Attach copies of your W-2 and any other documents that show taxes withheld to the left side of the papers where it says "Attach Forms..."

When you print your return, it will print with filing instructions that tell you where to mail it.

It is not required, but is a good idea, to use a mailing service that will track your return or provide you with a receipt showing that the IRS got it--such as Fedex, UPS, or certified mail.

It will take about 4 weeks and then you can track the status of your return at the IRS website. https://www.irs.gov/refunds 

Because you have now missed the filing deadlines and you cannot e-file, you need to purchase and download the desktop software to finish and then print your 2016 return.  If you did already pay your TurboTax fees you can contact customer support to push a download of the software to your account. 

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available Monday-Friday from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time. 

To finish a prior year return started in TT online: https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
ms-faniya

I'm sorry, but can you tell me please to where I need to send my papers with my sign? Thank you.

When you print out the return it will print out filing instructions too,  But here is a link that also gives you the address to send your federal return to:
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals-filing-form-1...>

If you are filing a state return, the state return goes to an address for your state--do not put it in the same envelope with the federal return.
ms-faniya

One more question. Where I can find address for my state? Thank you

You have not said which state--it should all print out with the filing instructions--but you could also google it to find it by looking for the department of revenue for your state.

Maybe the message needs to be changed to "Ready for YOU to mail it".

@fanfare   Agreed!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies